The stock magnesium DRZ/KLX/LTZ400 engine cases are both thin and brittle. As a result, they are very vulnerable to damage (cracks & impact punctures) from the bike's shift/brake lever and rocks when the bike falls (see More Photos Tab).
Save your yourself the cost of replacing expensive OEM engine cases and a ruined day riding/racing by installing a set of Thumpertalk Case Shields / Case Saver!!! Combo pack includes both the clutch and ignition side case sheilds.
- Laser cut from strong .062" 5052 aluminum and die formed to fit cases perfectly
- Machined bevelled edge for snag-free performance
- Compatiable with all skidplates and does not affect disassembly
- Easily polished to keep engine cases looking good
- High quality product, proudly made in the USA. There are thousands of these units in service, so buy in confidence.
NOTE: Ignition side does not fit the DRZ400 Kicker model. This is because the case is shaped differently in the absense of the electric starter. Also, case shield/case saver held in place by RTV silicon adhesive (not included). This item is to protect your existing engine cases. They are NOT completely new engine cases.