Crankcase cover yz450f help!

Hey there!

Doing some work on my 450 and into the crankcase cover, I've taken the stator off easily and have the cover off and in my hands anyone know the best way to get the timing check cap and the larger one out?? its seized in there pretty good and the gaskets need to be changed under them, stripped the small one and guess I'm looking at trying the easy out tool to remove it, for one thing it says in the manual to use a screw driver they were Allen bolts which the previous owner must of over tighten because it showed wear before i touched it and i couldn't see anyone that's a mechanic tightening it up to that extreme!!!! also tips for the best way to remove the stripped bolt? i forsaw this being a issue beforehand and ordered the replacements just want the old ones out first! thanks so much for your help!!! here is a pic!

photo (5).JPG

Edited by coop450f

I think I would try to drill a small pilot hole and use the easy out method, but I would also use Loctite freeze and release as well right before I was ready to try and turn it. That should give you the best possible chance to get it to release. Critically important to use the right size easy out and the freeze and release should shrink the bolt just enough to allow it to be backed out. And obviously the bolt will be toast and need to be replaced, but since you've already stripped it, the goal is to get it out. Hope that helps?

• Like 2