2013 Dakar Rally YZ450Fs

Anybody out there know where I can find more information on the YZ450Fs that are currently being ridden in the Dakar Rally.

Olivier Pain

Olivier-Pain-YZ450-Dakar-2011-Befurious.com.jpg

Frans Verhoeven

Frans1.jpg

David Casteau

casteu-casteu4.jpg

Jean-Christophe MenardJeanChristopheMenard.jpg

I'd like to find out about the fuel tanks, transmission work (if any), electrical systems, etc. I say transmission work because I have a hard time believing they're running standard motocross gearing for this race when they've got 13 days of racing with hours of sustained speeds in the 130-150 km/h (80-95 mph) range. Yes even with the 3 allotted engines for the race. Rear sprockets don't look much smaller than the stock 48 tooth.

Edited by PilotHonda

Seems like you know more about those bikes and the race than anyone here! Cool pics for sure, thanks for posting.

Seems like you know more about those bikes and the race than anyone here! Cool pics for sure, thanks for posting.

I'm familiar with the race, just hoping someone here might know who the bike builders are or how to find them.

Well given that most of the gears in the new yzfs are the same as the 06 09 bikes it would be pretty easy to go with the WR transmission as it is. Before I get too much grief on this look up all the part#s and compare the parts. The ratios are the same and in some places a gear with a new part# is matched with a old # gear. So building the ultimate WR is there. Also the 2012 WR is injected so that stator and flywheel would work well also with a custom cover