HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emcdan

Top clamps ?

7 posts in this topic

What type of clamps is everyone using? Are some better than others? Taller? My son's yz125 set up seems really tall and kinda encourages you to stand more. He has stock clamps. I would really like to give my bars a taller feel. Any suggestions?

You can try bar risers. I got 1.5" up x 1.5" forward risers from www.thumperracingusa.com I dont think they are listed on the site, but you can get the phone # from the site.

They really open the bike up and make it easy to stand if your tall.

Mike

I just got the new Renthal triple clamp and will be testing it this weekend.

I use the Renthal Fat bar with the MC bend, but I hear that the Jimmy Button pro taper is the best for taller guys

I'll keep you posted

Yamimoto, I have an Apllied top clamp with 10mm plus mnts and a tag 2 CR double high bar which is higher than any other bars I've found and I have no problem with the stock cables on my 00 426. mike

Earlier this year I took Mikes advise about the forward risers from www.thumperracingusa.com. It was the best single thing I have added to the bike. I believe they were $90. I am 6'0" #195 and for me they really helped when standing and getting up on the seat in the corners.

Darrin