HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yukondood

Winter tuning

6 posts in this topic

I have an 08 wr 450 with Timbesled with mt horse track kit. Work sweet most of the time. Biggest problem is mid to full throttle bog/hesitiation. Happens inconsistnently and only when under a load, rarely happens on the trial but happens when climbing a hill or in deep snow. Any suggestions on jetting at 3000-5000 feet -5 to - 15 celsius??

I am jealous. I think a conversion would be great. As it is I am running through a foot and a half of snow on studded tires. Not sure if I will be able to dig much more.

What are you currently running for a main jet? I'd increase it a little in size from what you've got in there now, and see if that helps. Main jets are easy to change on these bikes.

Hesitation is the Accclerator pump. 50 leak jet and an upgraded (merge racing) linkage spring.

Then adjust the squirt for perfect timing to always miss the slide.

Hesitation is the Accclerator pump. 50 leak jet and an upgraded (merge racing) linkage spring.

Then adjust the squirt for perfect timing to always miss the slide.

Possibly, but I'd try an easy to change main jet first.

I am looking at a timbersled kit for my '07 wr450.Most guys around here use an MX bike for snow conversions-I was wondering if you have had any issues with the wider ratio trans & any other comments on your converted wr.