HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ronnie Mac

Road sprocket

6 posts in this topic

Looking for the right number of teeth for long rides at about 55-60 mph. I ride my bike to work as often as I can and I fill rpm are too high for too long. WR450. :)

One tooth off the rear will drop the rev`s a little and still keep it responsive off road,one tooth on the front will drop the rev`s alot and will make it harder for the motor to pick up rev`s quick!,front is handy for changing gearing from road to dirt,but maybe two off the rear would be a good compromise for you?

Thanks Captain, two off the rear sounds good to me. Scotland thats cool! I hope someday to visit. Thanks again for your reply :)

My gearage for the road is 16-43. It is too much though. Try 16-44 or 45 if you have a 16t on the front.

My next setup will be 15-43. That would allow me gear 15-50 for the trail...

The engine purrs at 60 mph with such gearings... :)

Not really, I don't even remember the brand name I bought the last time. I know there are great durable sprockets out there but my budget did not allow me to afford those this year... :D :D (talking about Renthal and others...) Just don't buy the ones with aluminium teeth. Weight saving but not tough enough to my opinion :).