HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Does anyone Rewind stators for a yz 450 201-2013

4 posts in this topic

I want to make a high output staor to put on my bike? Give me anyone and everyone I could call on htis. I want to make an enduro bike out of one of my old YZs.

Baja Designs had a DP kit listed on their online catalog. I called and it is discontinued. I talked to someone in tech support at Baja Designs and he said that the flasher (turn signal) played havoc on the electrics and would not work. Actually, with all the Jap MX bikes with Fuel Injection, none of them would work.

I thought that it would too Gray, but they said no. Causes problems. I figured if I hooked up a battery in parallel with the rectifier and used a diode, it should work too. They said no.

I talked to thejunkman on here and he said the same thing. Amp draw is to high at certain loads and the stator wouldn't handle it. It is my understanding that it would put out 115 watts, but only for short bursts. Too much and the coils would go.

Amp draw for the coil is too high. I know some guys on here said that it works, but Baja tested it and said no.

I just have a 2010 sitting and I would really like to make it road legal. I can get the paperwork done, no problem. Just wish there was a way to run the lights without a total loss battery system.

I see they do this in Europe. anyone from across the pond care to elaborate?!

Edited by Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens