hawaiidirtrider

Beta MX ?

220 posts in this topic

To me, MX is MX... I have seen lots of trax world wide. Euro tracks are closer to the US these days than in days past. SX has it's claws in Europe these days. I imagine Beta will come up with some sort if 300mx thanks to the new Euro class/rule.

As for me, I am planning on racing a '14 300 Beta in Vet mx, B class. Most Euro mx bikes are enduro bikes first, then stripped and set up for mx. I hace no qualms about MXing a Beta and think the bike will do as well as anything else.

Edited by DEMI
1 person likes this

Did I put this here earlier? well it's here again if I did....nice smooth riding.. simple and fun looking.

Looks enough of a one bike do everything bike to me from these vids.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
1 person likes this

Looks pretty good to me. With a few small mods, the Beta will be just fine on the MX track.

Worth mentioning the 'Cross Country' editions are marketed as MX worthy bikes, and the factory marketing hyperbole mentions they are tuned to run on MX tracks, both as part of a competitive GNCC or similar event with an MX section, and as a competitive MX race bike for amateur level riders and racers.

Just sayin.

2 people like this

I guess we can just go back to this just to refresh my memory..

http://www.americanbeta.com/node/775

hmm quicker reving motor... larger rear shock reservoir.. 19 " rear wheel .. little longer shock..typical take off lights etc..

http://www.motorcycl...First-Look.aspx

This one looks good...I always liked the red anyway and it has a nice looking pipe.

While we're on this topic can anyone tell me what front MX number plate would fit a '12 450RR - maybe KTM? - gonna try a bit of motocrossing for a laugh.

1 person likes this

While we're on this topic can anyone tell me what front MX number plate would fit a '12 450RR - maybe KTM? - gonna try a bit of motocrossing for a laugh.

The...... one of the bike above

Ok , that was too easy

1 person likes this

Sounds good! Let us know how the fun goes... Front number plate.. most any you find I figure will work with zip ties ..especially if it's a temporary thing.

hi, i have  the  450 cross country, for mx use only, i have revalved the shock, and im going to do the same on the forcks, the bike has a lot of traction, but i have problem with the gearing, 1st and 2d to short and the gap from 3rd to 4th is to big.

i would like to make the bike to rev a lite faster, i have order the fmf exhaust and im thinking on gearing  i have 13/50 

im faster with this bike that i was with my kxf 290, but i miss the ohlins.

Any idea on how to make this bike a lite faster.?

1 person likes this

hi, i have  the  450 cross country, for mx use only, i have revalved the shock, and im going to do the same on the forcks, the bike has a lot of traction, but i have problem with the gearing, 1st and 2d to short and the gap from 3rd to 4th is to big.

i would like to make the bike to rev a lite faster, i have order the fmf exhaust and im thinking on gearing  i have 13/50 

Nice!  You know you are probably the first to post having a cross country. It's rare so it would be interesting to see who might respond . Most don't know because it's so rare.. in the USA at least. Have you checked with  Beta to see what's available?.. but in any case you'll have to play with different gearing to see what works best. I'm guessing from what you say to go up on the gearing to start. Any pictures?  All I've ever seen is off magazines and videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OssOAz8IU_k

This one has a nice pipe.. It doesn't mean it's any faster with the pipe.. but it looks cool. Maybe start with gearing and go from there.

You know that's typical Beta. The bike hooks up and doesn't seem fast but it's moving...you feel comfortable going fast ..at least I feel that's how it is  with my bike.  When I was reading the Purvines interview with their race 498 he said basicly that the bike was deceivingly fast but didn't feel that way. It was just easy to ride. I wonder if it's the same with your bike. .. Maybe not specificly the greatest preferred motor manners for mx.. (I'd like it though) but maybe someone can add some carb work or something to give you more fire ..

http://vurboffroad.com/blogs/nick-burson-ridgecrest-rumble-gxe-win/1723/

Try the thinner base gasket from the 2012 Factory version (.3mm instead of .5 mm). Also you could try Factorry's ARROW header (should fit with your FMF) which has a resonance chamber as well but it may be a bit pricey (fitanium though).

With these mods you will have to change jetting slightly (mostly going up 1 size on the main and maybe richen 1 position the needle). A 400 with similar mods was considerably faster.

STD gearing is 13-48, i think that 13-50 is too short but I don't mx. For tight enduro I have used 13-49 (just for avoiding 1st gear in really tight single track).

As you know, engine is very smooth so it doesn't feel as fast as it is.

1 person likes this

Try the thinner base gasket from the 2012 Factory version (.3mm instead of .5 mm). Also you could try Factorry's ARROW header (should fit with your FMF) which has a resonance chamber as well but it may be a bit pricey (fitanium though).

With these mods you will have to change jetting slightly (mostly going up 1 size on the main and maybe richen 1 position the needle). A 400 with similar mods was considerably faster.

STD gearing is 13-48, i think that 13-50 is too short but I don't mx. For tight enduro I have used 13-49 (just for avoiding 1st gear in really tight single track).

As you know, engine is very smooth so it doesn't feel as fast as it is.

thanks for the advice, 13-50  is the stock gearing  on the cross country, 

i have send a email to beta, beacuse i presume  that this model came with the factory gasket, and ignition  curve...im with the stock exhaust, at the moment, becuase fmf is on back order till 8/14   you think that the resonance chamber is better than the fmf powerbom? 

im thinkin to take off the cranckcase hose from the carb, but i dont know about this.

in the affternon i wil take pictures to post

1 person likes this

Nice!  You know you are probably the first to post having a cross country. It's rare so it would be interesting to see who might respond . Most don't know because it's so rare.. in the USA at least. Have you checked with  Beta to see what's available?.. but in any case you'll have to play with different gearing to see what works best. I'm guessing from what you say to go up on the gearing to start. Any pictures?  All I've ever seen is off magazines and videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OssOAz8IU_k

This one has a nice pipe.. It doesn't mean it's any faster with the pipe.. but it looks cool. Maybe start with gearing and go from there.

You know that's typical Beta. The bike hooks up and doesn't seem fast but it's moving...you feel comfortable going fast ..at least I feel that's how it is  with my bike.  When I was reading the Purvines interview with their race 498 he said basicly that the bike was deceivingly fast but didn't feel that way. It was just easy to ride. I wonder if it's the same with your bike. .. Maybe not specificly the greatest preferred motor manners for mx.. (I'd like it though) but maybe someone can add some carb work or something to give you more fire ..

http://vurboffroad.com/blogs/nick-burson-ridgecrest-rumble-gxe-win/1723/

that beacause im from argentiana, and there is  a beta factory here, (ensambled only) 

i like that typical beta motor...but soome times is like i need more response...i have to use the cluch to wake here up

is the best bike i have ride in the roots, im very confort on how its handled..

i would take pictures this afternonn for post

thanks for your comments

1 person likes this

soma update on the bike,

51t rear, 

exhaust bug, for the wideband for jetting with a jd kit

suspension valving

the mod in the exhaust made same diference in the way it pulls from the bottom

Bragado-20130827-00419.jpg

Bragado-20130827-00418.jpg

Bragado-20130827-00420.jpg

Bragado-20130824-00411.jpg