Beta MX ?

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:53 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Brad outclassed that field for sure. Interesting to hear him say his full time job is racing professionally since he is in the Junior class. Oh well.., not different than over here in the 250's.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Brad outclassed that field for sure. Interesting to hear him say his full time job is racing professionally since he is in the Junior class. Oh well.., not different than over here in the 250's.

I wonder how 450 riders would do going back to the 250 class.. It's some serious dog eat dog racing.  Different game for different class. Actually the 250 class now has much better racing for the spectator.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

26 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I wonder how 450 riders would do going back to the 250 class.. It's some serious dog eat dog racing.  Different game for different class. Actually the 250 class now has much better racing for the spectator.

That's a sore spot subject for me. The lap times are about the same. I'd rather see them separate classes by some other method like speed, lap times, age or something besides engine sizes. Lot's of off road races mix it up like Enduro GP and GNCC.

24 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

That's a sore spot subject for me. The lap times are about the same. I'd rather see them separate classes by some other method like speed, lap times, age or something besides engine sizes. Lot's of off road races mix it up like Enduro GP and GNCC.

Well there's always mx of nations... and of course they don't even allow 2 strokes.. and there's a bunch of different ways to divide classes in ability.. novice, amateur, expert, pro... but cc's is one logical way. There's always an open class in hare and hounds locally I don't know how it is everywhere else.. but even then it's usually 0 to200 class and 201 to open.. Why is it a sore spot? What way would you like to see????

18 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Well there's always mx of nations... and of course they don't even allow 2 strokes.. and there's a bunch of different ways to divide classes in ability.. novice, amateur, expert, pro... but cc's is one logical way. There's always an open class in hare and hounds locally I don't know how it is everywhere else.. but even then it's usually 0 to200 class and 201 to open.. Why is it a sore spot? What way would you like to see????

I am a big advocate of an unlimited class for all Pro MX. Run whatever you can afford. 2t, 4t, electric, twin cylinder, see you at the finish line. I would also run a $10k max bike cost class for the rest non pro support and a 125 2t class 15 and under age with a $7500 max bike cost. If you want to enter, you understand that all bikes are for sale for that price at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I am a big advocate of an unlimited class for all Pro MX. Run whatever you can afford. 2t, 4t, electric, twin cylinder, see you at the finish line. I would also run a $10k max bike cost class for the rest non pro support and a 125 2t class 15 and under age with a $7500 max bike cost. If you want to enter, you understand that all bikes are for sale for that price at the end of the day.

wow bikes for sale too? interesting... unlimited  class would be fine to me.. It's just that the pro teams already control.. even that they threatened to pull their pro teams out if 2 strokes were allowed to race pro... stuff like that is lame.. but for local races I'm sure that can be done easily.. just make a class.

13 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

This is what the amateur AMA class has already without limits on investment. Anyone who races in the class that day can "Claim" (buy) any bike in that class at the end of the day. Fear of losing your bike keeps the cost down,,, well that's the thought of this rule.  It only happen I believe once and threaten several times. Mike Alessi (more so his father) was one of the riders back in the day. Caused a feud that is still being dealt with today.

Edited by weantright
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, weantright said:

This is what the amateur AMA class has already without limits on investment. Anyone who races in the class that day can "Claim" (buy) any bike in that class at the end of the day. Fear of losing your bike keeps the cost down,,, well that's the thought of this rule.  It only happen I believe once and threaten several times. Mike Alessi (more so his father) was one of the riders back in the day. Caused a feud that is still being dealt with today.

I didn't know that this rule even still existed (I assume it is only for the Loretta Lynn's race?) but was more familiar with the Pro rule back in the 70's. These rules have no teeth in them and parents and sponsors are spending stupid amounts of money, mostly building 250f's engines up. The rule should not pit rider against rider, which is the case now. It should allow Joe Public to walk up and buy a bike so that the threat is real. Here's the current (very obscure) rule: "The claiming rule value is two times the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) at the National event."

"Claiming" is for any AMA sanction amateur MX race. It is MSRP +30% in cash, bank check or bank funds. Only Pro Circuit crazy builds 250f up, most teams don't because of cost but mostly the reliability of the motor. Cant win if you don't finish. LL is not about HP but rider and like always better set-up (not HP) bike does help the rider. There is more money spent on training and conditioning the rider then on bikes.  If average Joe can walk up and buy a bike then every top rider would be setting up a new bike each week hurting the rider.

Edited by weantright
  • Like 1

The whole concept is to control cost to allow greater access to the sport. This sport on the MX side especially has gone to the moon. They need something. You have to be a wealthy family who sacrifices time and money or get a sponsor. The ability to get a job and pay your own way is long gone, but that's how I did it back in the day. Serve food at night and ride on the weekends.

23 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

I forgot to mention that I took note of Brad standing throughout almost every turn, that is a clue that he needs to get a Beta contract just like Steve did out of the juniors. He not only knows that technique as many do, he has the stamina to be able to pull it off. Next big thing here?

10 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

The whole concept is to control cost to allow greater access to the sport. This sport on the MX side especially has gone to the moon. They need something. You have to be a wealthy family who sacrifices time and money or get a sponsor. The ability to get a job and pay your own way is long gone, but that's how I did it back in the day. Serve food at night and ride on the weekends.

Keep the cost down? Ok.. race 2 strokes.. simple.

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

I forgot to mention that I took note of Brad standing throughout almost every turn, that is a clue that he needs to get a Beta contract just like Steve did out of the juniors. He not only knows that technique as many do, he has the stamina to be able to pull it off. Next big thing here?

So he's riding for Beta.. but he doesn't have a contract? He's already a big thing right?

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/1542-brad-freeman-crowned-european-enduro-champion

7 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

So he's riding for Beta.. but he doesn't have a contract? He's already a big thing right?

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/1542-brad-freeman-crowned-european-enduro-champion

Yes, he is Beta Boano, but he looks like he should be on the full Factory team next year for E2. Right now the 3rd rider on the factory team is Jeremy Joly. http://enduro21.com/index.php/ewc/1748-joly-joins-holcombe-and-salvini-under-beta-s-awning-for-2017

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yes, he is Beta Boano, but he looks like he should be on the full Factory team next year for E2. Right now the 3rd rider on the factory team is Jeremy Joly. http://enduro21.com/index.php/ewc/1748-joly-joins-holcombe-and-salvini-under-beta-s-awning-for-2017

So Beta is swimming with talent...:excuseme:.. Got a bunch of great riders out there.

• Like 1

I think I just like it simple.. just a Beta riding on an mx track in whatever capacity..beginner, vet, pro .. whatever...  It's an enduro bike... and enduro bike that can and does move very well on an mx track too beside offroad in various ways..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

2 and 4 stroke.. I'm wondering what happened to Johnny Aubert.. it seems he's had an injury . .. maybe that's part of why he is out for Beta??? idk.. and they eliminated a class for EWC.. :lame: ..hey but it is what it is .. I wished more posted up Beta mx training vids .. Aubert put up good ones..repeat but still good..