Anyone go to the Salem Arenacross?

I did, on Sunday. It was sweeet. I couldn't attend both days so I didn't race, but the racing was outstanding. The beginner classes in both 250 and 125 were pretty competitive. The best part was the over 30 and the over 40 classes though. I hope can race like that someday. It got me very stoked to get into arenacross. They mentioned something about a riders clinic next Saturday, does anyone have the details? I'll try their website.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MXOldtimer:

I really wanted to go but just couldn't get out of being Mr. Dad this weekend. I think they're having a practice on Tuesday, I'm going for sure.

Doug

Hey Doug,

Where in Oregon are you? Bryan and I are in Canby and Clackamas (respectively).

--Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MXOldtimer:

Eagle Creek

I spent some of my High School years in Estacada (but don't hold that against me). :D

Bryan and I ride a lot in Colton (Haskin's Mill) and up off of Hillockburn Rd. We've also been spending a bit of time up in Vancouver at Jones Creek. We should hook-up for a TT ride! ?

Send me an email if you'd like to plan a ride:

steve.claus@thumpertalk.com

--Steve

I'm going to try and find the info on Tuesdays practice, I'd like to go if I can get there in time. I've tweaked the BK mod screw a little and need to test it. I've also put the '01 clutch parts and an MSR Raptor clutch lever on, both of which need testing. Hope to see you out there! BTW, I'm in Hillsboro and would love to go on a TT ride if you guys are planning a ride anytime soon. My email is bbeakley@yahoo.com.

MX Oldtimer (Doug), Do you know what is required to attend one of their practice sessions in Salem? My only experience with something like this was BMX racing when I was in high school where you had to be an ABA member before you could ride at the track. I've got full riding gear and a bike, but no numbers, not a member of the AMA or anything. I just want to make sure I'm prepared. I tried the number at the track today but kept getting recordings. If you know, shoot me an email at bbeakley@yahoo.com . Thanks! -Brian P.S. If you see a 426 with an FMF pipe and a tall guy in red Thor gear getting roosted by everyone, that's me.

Steve,

I also live in Canby, but I mostly ride in the dunes (Florence and Winchester Bay), but am interested in riding more dirt.

Could you give me some of the details of the places you mentioned to ride around here locally?

I have ridden once down by Knights Bridge road (very small) when I first got my bike.

Thanks.