would you?

Would you guys buy a 2008 yz450f that has been in a crate for the last few years? The sell price is 5000 OTD, It's blue. It has not been serviced, it has been assembled but no fuel as of today.

Nope, not me and not for that price. We were buying new 2009 blue yz450's in 2010 for $4600 OTD from a dealership in Illinois (Funmart Cycle).

If you buy that bike, the second you leave the dealership it's worth $3000 at best. I'd look for a carry-over 2011 or 2012, they won't be that much more (prob $6000 - $6300) in the next while.

Nope, not me and not for that price. We were buying new 2009 blue yz450's in 2010 for $4600 OTD from a dealership in Illinois (Funmart Cycle).

If you buy that bike, the second you leave the dealership it's worth $3000 at best. I'd look for a carry-over 2011 or 2012, they won't be that much more (prob $6000 - $6300) in the next while.

I agree 100%. Unless your sold on the 06-09's keep your eye out for a used 10-11 in that price range. I sold my 08 for $3000 this summer and bought a 11 with 35hrs on it for $4300.

I agree with the others plus the 08 had has the shorty pipe that most everyone replaced to get the power up. So add another $500 ++ for a full header and pipe plus doing the carb mod's. If you want that model of bike, be patient and a low hour one will show up for sale for far less with all the mod's . Good luck!

The dealer is stuck in that situation. The bike can't be sold for any less without the dealer actually loosing money on it, and at the same time, one can find leftover '09's and '10's, and maybe even '11's for near the same price, so it really isn't worth that.

On the other hand, it is still a brand new '08 YZ450, a great bike, with zero time on it for $5K. That may make it worthwhile to you, but that's your call.

Thanks for the input guys. If said 450 were purchased by me I would install a Rekluse, set the sag, fine tune clickers to my liking, swap the front tire and call it a day. Then enjoy a relatively trouble free bike for the next several years.

Thanks for the input guys. If said 450 were purchased by me I would install a Rekluse, set the sag, fine tune clickers to my liking, swap the front tire and call it a day. Then enjoy a relatively trouble free bike for the next several years.

I wish I could learn how to call it a day on my bike :smirk:

offer them 4500, and tell them you dont even want them to take it out of the crate, just throw it on your truck, i love getting my bikes still in the crate lol

lol wish I could Dave but they put it together already! I did offer less but they refused my offer, I'm 47 years young and I actually owned a 2008 yz450 back in the fall of 07 so I am very famiiar with the bikes. At this point in my life I am not racing mx every weekend any more nor am I a competitive HS guy either, but I would like to dabble in both periodically. The 08 to 09 yz450 patform fits my needs very well and I don't like buying other peoples bikes(,they never seem to take care of them like I would). I don't want to make my life any more complicated than it already is so I'm not interested in FI bikes, it may sound as if I have made my mind up but it is between new(12 or 13) yz250f or 08-09 yz450. I love the reliability factor, sss suspension is great out of the box for me ( 5'10" 174 lbs), horsepower is just right for my skill level and I like the simplistic carb, I can take apart, clean and rejet keihen FCRs in my sleep ha ha

Thanks once again for your opinions!