HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jbracer247

my dad blew up his wr , please read

3 posts in this topic

we were riding in the tin cup area of colorado my dad was riding his 99/2000 wr400, im not sure i didnt have my 450 yet so i was following in his 4x4 truck (NO FUN) we were coming over a mountain pass and the allen screws that hold the ignition coil on to the frame fell out, no problem we had extra bolts, put them on and kept going about 10 minutes later his bike died and the kickstarter was locked he got it started and i watched oil pouring out from somewhere under the frame well one of the allen bolts went across the engine and in between the chain and the case and the chain beat it into the case causing a hole and the oil pouring out :). well we loaded up and since it was the first day of vacation he fixed it with epoxy and had a minscule leak, so he rode for four more days and the place where the camshaft rides on the head causing the compression to stick open. anyways he took it apart and he needs a stock cylinder head and cams, if anyone has any of these parts please pm me .