Like the new look!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by F-Pilot:

I guess I'm the first one that found it, my old bookmark didn't work.

Yeah, we knew that would be the case. Thanks for being the "unofficial" first post on the new version of the forums... ?

--Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Frankyz250f:

New look is good, but we can no longer see where people are from. Can this be put back in?

That info is now at the bottom of each post, not on the side as before. ?

--Steve

Rocks on my end (cable modem using IE 5.5). How are you connecting to the internet? What browser/version are you using? Is UBB the only thing running slow, or are you noticing this on other sites? If you continue to experience this issue, email Steve at technical@thumpertalk.com. Thanks! ?

Bryan

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by fershy:

It makes not a stitch of difference if I use Netscape 4.7 or Explorer 5.0. I am on an ADSL line that is good for 1.5 mb/ sec so I highly doubt it is a problem on my end. No slow problems on other pages I frequent. I have had my preference to load 10 days worth of messages (about 212 kb at present) and when I reload or go back it is coming in at a paltry 12 KB/sec. I have reset my preferences to load only 2 days worth of messages. What are you serving this page up on? It seems weird that I am the only one so far experiencing these tortoise speeds and coincidental that it is happening after these updates.

fershy

Fershy,

If you continue to experience slowness, e-mail Steve at

steve.claus@thumpertalk.com With over 4k members, we expected to have a few issues to deal with. ? Hang tight. I'm sure there is a solution. :D

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by fershy:

It makes not a stitch of difference if I use Netscape 4.7 or Explorer 5.0. I am on an ADSL line that is good for 1.5 mb/ sec so I highly doubt it is a problem on my end. No slow problems on other pages I frequent. I have had my preference to load 10 days worth of messages (about 212 kb at present) and when I reload or go back it is coming in at a paltry 12 KB/sec. I have reset my preferences to load only 2 days worth of messages. What are you serving this page up on? It seems weird that I am the only one so far experiencing these tortoise speeds and coincidental that it is happening after these updates.

fershy

Fershy,

Looks like Netscape 6.x or IE 5.5 is the hot ticket. Don't know why, yet, but I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

--Steve

fershy

Steve, it looks like I was a little hasty in my judgement. The speed is up to par on IE 5.0. Its just my netscape that does not like this new look! SirThump, I'll give that javescript disabling a go. Thanks for the tips. I'll stop crying now OK Mike?

fershy

MX Tuner,

This guide here ought to help you speed up your 56 Gay, whoops I mean 56k LOL, considerably! http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/modem/ If you follow the instructions your web browsing should be alot faster! I know whenver I had 56k it ran much better with these mods! But now I have DSL, so TTalk loads in a flash! Later,

Garrett