HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
galant2nr

What is the weight difference for exhuasts?

4 posts in this topic

I have recently thought of getting a new exhuast for my WR426. I have always said I didn't need one because the bike was fast enough and the exhuast is nice looking. Now I am starting to think about the weight difference I might get. What kind of weight difference have people seen from stock to aftermarket? Could you feel the difference? It seems like a couple pounds of loss off the top of the bike could make a difference. Thoughts?

Should I be looking elsewhere for my diet?

:)

I've heard (and believe) that the stock WR426 exhaust system weighs something absurd like 11 pounds. A full titanium FMF exhaust system is under 6 pounds, and so is a Yosh system I believe. White Bro's carbon fiber system is even less than those two (it's also 900 bucks).

I haven't put a new exhaust on my 01 WR426 yet, but on my YZ250F I have the FMF titanium system, and I think it makes a big difference, weight and powerwise. If I had the money, exhaust is the first thing I would do to my 426. But since it's just a desert/trail play bike, all my money goes into my 250F :) .

If you want to just lose weight and get a good power improvement, get the supertrapp. Big weight difference and noticable power improvement for under $200. Looks good too. Just have everyone say how their pipes are better;-) but it still puts enough power out to run with the big pipes. :)

I have been looking at the titainium pipes but I ride mosly woods and have been wounder if the Q would be more appropiate even though it would be heavier.