SO....what did you do to your YZ today?

What have you done to your bike today?

i got bored and decided to polish my clutch cover and re-pack my DRD.

Pulled the mill to do some maintanance for next season, new piston, timing chain, valve seals,

Lubed swingarm bearings, linkage, serviced forks and shock

I didn't do this today, but within the past week. New top end going in after 70 hours of MX use - waiting on new head bolts (cam chain only has 12 hours on it), & a new decal kit :

photo4.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo8-2.jpg

Much less exciting but changed a worn hot start plunger seal

pulled the carbs last night for the first time on this bike. dialed in the jetting because she was popping and running lean.

Edited by slothman

i gotta see this YZ that has more than one carb! lol.

mine gets new rubber tonight and a valve check.

i gotta see this YZ that has more than one carb! lol.

mine gets new rubber tonight and a valve check.

yes....it has 4 carbs......and a turbo with nitrous....LOL

sweet! im putting the turbo kit on my ebay watch list!!!! HAHAHAHA

Much less exciting but changed a worn hot start plunger seal

I just ordered a pro circuit hotstart screw....the stock plastic one is a huge POS !

Waiting for a new custom made head gasket for my big bore kit then put all back together.

Got her ready for the ice!

IMG-20121225-00806.jpg

Gave it a bath after yesterdays ride. Lubed and adjusted the chain while it was clean. Nothing exciting.

Iced up!

0101031510_zps5f785a3e.jpg

0101031511_zps390b7657.jpg

0101031514_zps59013a86.jpg

I just ordered a pro circuit hotstart screw....the stock plastic one is a huge POS !

I wouldn't say so...

I put one of those billet ones on my carb, after a lack of maintaining my hot start I went to take it off and it was seized on(plastic wont do that) and it cracked the outside of the carb where of screws in rendering the carb useless. Not fun on the day before a race! I would use a little bit of anti-seize on it and check it every other month...TRUST ME!

0211121108a.jpg

Last weekend I put on a new(to me) rear master cylinder and front and rear Galfer brake lines along with a 270mm oversized front brake rotor from Rocky Mountain. It's the Tusk one...a steal at $119!

Received my custom 98mm head gasket from Cosmetic and finally put the motor back together and it in the frame I going to try to finished up the bike this weekend and get it running.

My 426 is now a 453 ported head with a WR transmission.

But will Murphies law raise it ugly heads as it normal.

Edited by marv02