HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mudking230

400ex or yamaha blaster

46 posts in this topic

Dude, You dont have to post the same thread 3 times in two minutes. Ask a question and it will get answered. Nobody will answer you if you spam the forum.

Never ridden a blaster, but am all for the 400ex, best all around quad I have ever had. Bulletproof reliable and tough as nails, my friend beats the dog shit out of his and it has never left him stranded yet except when the chain broke last summer, but that wasn't technically mechanical, more of a dummy not oiling his chain before every ride. :rolleyes:

2 people like this

I've ridden a blaster and an xr400 (same motor as the 400ex) the 400 had much better power output. Also it's indestructible.

1 person likes this

Get a z400 they have reverse. The 05 up 400ex has reverse also.

Blasters are small and fun for a little but get old. I had one now ride a z400.

You can make a mean little blaster for cheap, I wouldn't be afraid to own one.

Very true. I've seen Blasters hold their own against 421 banshee cubs.

Very true. I've seen Blasters hold their own against 421 banshee cubs.

My buddy had a bored and stroked one with head work and a few other things and it used to walk away from my kfx 440.

Well Ive had a blaster and ex400..now have an ltz400...Blaster completly differnt but definatly inexpensive to own and maintain. But if you want reverse youll have to go four stroke..Blasters two stroke power is fun for sure..

the 400ex is a good 4wheeler but the blaster is to, it all depends on what u are goin to do and where u are going to ride

get a blaster, for like 1200 you can bore it to 240 and get a 3mm stroker crank, advanced timing and a bunch of stuff, once u do that they rip. you can get all that from vitos. i would go blaster

really id say its more about your height im like 6 1 and i cant ride a blaster way to small and to narrow for my liking but you can throw them around no problem. i like the ltz 400 personally. but like the guy said he had a kfx 440 which is the same motor as the ltz

I would go blaster. Check out Ken O'Connor Racing. He did the rechamberd head and port n polish on mine. VF3 reed, fmf exhaust , 34mm Pj, thing rips and pulls hard.

im just curious, why do yall think you need reverse and electric start on a quad? i dont see the point in it, all that does is add extra weight have the possiblity of leaving you stranded someing with a dead battery. ive rode with out either for 5+ years and just no reverse for longer. never had a problem