HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vic2340

2009 yz450f Top dead center problem 2

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I have a big concern regarding my 2009 yz450f. I just purchased this bike and was going to check the valves. When I went to get the flywheel marks to line up with the case mark They would not. I know for a fact the bike is at TDC by looking at the cam marks that align with the engine wall. I also put a long allen key in the sparkplug hole and when the cam marks aligned the key was at its highest. The flywheel/ left case marks are about 1 cm from where they should be. I took the flywheel off and I noticed that the woodruff key and crank all looked right. Could anyone tell me if their is a way that the previous owner improperly installed the crank? Also since the timing marks on the flywheel dont line up I believe my engine is getting false ignition readings. The bike does bog horribly when running. Could anyone send a picture of their 06-09 yz450f at TDC (the flywheel marks mostly). I would like to see if your marks look like mine or not. PLEASE HELP!!!

Also the stupid flywheel has 3 marks next to each other. Which mark am I suppose to go off of, my manual only shows 1 mark and the last mark on the right (if I was to go off of that one) is about half a centimeter off from the left case cover mark.