Tools needed?

I'm getting ready to do the fork seals and I thought I knew what tools were needed but it seems there are more then I though. What are the basic tools I'll need? I know I'll need a oil level guage, cap wrench, and seal driver but what else? And what size? 07 yz450f has 49mm shocks correct? I've seen the fork seal bullets but I can't find one for 49mm shocks the biggest I've seen is 48. Thanks. Also any tips you might have on doing this would help.

You actually don't need an oil level gauge for anything on that fork. The bare minimum to change the seals is a 49mm 8 point ring wrench to remove the cartridge from the top of the inner tube, and a 48mm seal driver. A flat strap of 1 1/2 (or wider) aluminum with a 1 inch long slot in it is handy to have as a cartridge rod holder, but you can substitute a 6 or 8" crescent wrench. Oil in the outer chambers is filled to a set volume, not a level.

To change the oil in the inner chamber, the cartridge, you'll need a tool to unscrew the base valve (compression valve) assembly from the top of the cartridge. It's a 32mm 8 point tool. If you're determined not to buy one, you can use your right side rear axle block to do this job. Again, no level gauge is necessary, since the cartridge is filled to a certain volume (overfilled, actually) and the excess is bled off during assembly.

As far as seal bullets, just use a plastic bag for the fork seals. The one the seals come in works real well.

I have done it with and without a seal driver and I think its totally worth the money to get one. It will save you lots of time and frustration.

The diy pvc seal driver was a p.i.a. and didnt work well for me, I did the use the old seal thing and doing it once was enough to convince me that $39 was cheap compared to how much easier it makes the job.

When I did mine I got the seal driver for $39, the fork wrench for $20 (this was a rod holder and both wrenches) and the bullet for $5. So $64 for everything you need. You can skip the bullet, but it is the cheapest part. I got everything from rocky mountain.

I have done it with and without a seal driver and I think its totally worth the money to get one. It will save you lots of time and frustration.

The diy pvc seal driver was a p.i.a. and didnt work well for me, I did the use the old seal thing and doing it once was enough to convince me that $39 was cheap compared to how much easier it makes the job.

Truth.

The right tools make things so much easier.

$32 (shipped) for the driver :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-FORK-SEAL-DRIVER-TOOL-48MM-KX-KTM-RMZ-YZ-/390396624505?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item5ae573be79&vxp=mtr

$26 (shipped) Tusk dual fork cap wrench set :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUSK-KYB-DUAL-CHAMBER-FORK-CAP-WRENCH-YZ250F-YZ450F-/330837844140?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0778e0ac&vxp=mtr

Do yourself a huge favor and buy these tools (from anywhere TT, E-bay, etc.), like others have said it's much much easier to do with them.