HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krannie McKranface

2008 YZ with the WR transmission ?

5 posts in this topic

I've done some searching, and I am just looking for confirmation that the 2008 YZ450F can accept several gear changes to approach the ratios of the WR450 bike.

Essentially, I want to make a faster, lighter, non-e-start WR450

Where does one find a tech who has done this conversion ?

I do not want to guess my way through it.....

Edited by Krannie

Search it out a little more here. I'm sure you'll find a thread or a post that will confirm that it works.

I am about to embark on a great crusade and attempt a trans swap on a 2011. People have swapped 4th or 5th gears but nobody has reported swapping the entire box.

Edited by PilotHonda

krannie, in the past i have put 03/05 style wr gears into a 03/05 yz250f allso wr 400 gears into a yz 400 and they would go into a 426 as well- same family, so i suspect if you found an 08 wr trany you could pop what ever gears you wanted from it into your yz. so if it was me wanting to do the swap i,d find out what year yz motors are the same design as the 08 -their must be a few years then i,d take a chance on fleebay and buy a wr trany from those years

let us know what you find out and good luck