HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iron_savior

2004 BRP

15 posts in this topic

All the info is on honda 's web site! I don't see anything different from 2000-2003 XR650R? Are you sure it was a North American model? There are various pics, pdf version of brocures, etc on honda's site. Maybe someone who knows every detail of it could look at it and see if anything has changed but by looks and the little I know it appears the same version of the orginal? I'm not saying you didn't see the passenger pegs but it may not be factory! Or it was a poster of the XR650L which continues to have passenger pegs! (Ahh. I get it now...I guess that's what Dutch meant by asking if there were fins on the motor and an electric start!, I'm kind of slow)

JT

Here's the specs :)

Engine Type: 679cc liquid-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke

Bore and Stroke: 103.0mm x 81.5mm

Compression Ratio: 10.2:1

Carburetion: Keihin 42mm Flat Slide

Starter: Electric start, plus kick start

Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance

DRIVE TRAIN:

Transmission: Five-speed

Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed endless chain; 14T/46T

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES:

Front Suspension: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position

rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 315

millimeters travel

Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-

position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping

adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed

(3.5 turns); 315 millimeters wheel travel

Front Brake: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper

Front Tire: 80/100-21

Rear Tire: 140/110-18

DIMENSIONS:

Rake: 27.9 degrees

Trail: 111.0mm (4.3 inches)

Wheelbase: 58.6 inches

Seat Height: 37.8 inches

Ground Clearance: 12.1 inches

Dry Weight: 247.0 pounds

Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gallons, including 0.5 gallon reserve

Color: Red

Availability: TBD

What bikes are you guys talking about? According to the 2004 Dirt Bike Buyer's Guide (12-03 issue), the 2004 XR650R and XR650L are the same as last year's bikes, except for graphics.

Quadsan, what bike are those specs from?

qadsan - back slowly away from the keyboard - your addiction is getting the better of you. :)

&%$#@!? Is this a joke?????????????

Sorry, I guess my addition is getting the best of me :D

The specs even caught my attention again because I quickly posted this immediately before I left for my sons baseball game and I had forgotten about it. Upon reading it again, it took my by surprise for a second until I remembered I wrote it :D, but I'd sure like to have this bike.

Honda , are you listening? If you build it, we WILL buy it :)

Qadsan,

After seeing your last "rap" post, and now this, I think maybe you should put the bong down. :)

...I think maybe you should put the bong down.

99 bottle of beer on the wall, 99 bottle of beer, take one down and pass it around, 98 bottle of beer on the wall :)

:D :D :D :D :D

Sign me up for one of those.Can we up the compression ration though? Maybe 11.5:1. That would be an incredible bike.

Holy crap!! i am short of breath and have a big old woody like a horny dog! i want this machine!!

a buddy of mine and i were supposed to go to the international 03' motorcycle show in cleveland, OH this year. i was unable to go so he and some other buds went. well they got me good. they came back drooling all over the place and told me that honda had a pre-production 750cc dirt bike weighing in at 250lbs dry, but the kicker was it wasn't JUST a 750, it was an in-line twin cylinder 14,500 RPM redline engine that had a RWHP of 75hp!! :D needless to say i blew my load instantly and was pissed at my wife for a week because i did't go! :)

well the story gets better. 5 months after the show i told my buddy " i have spent tons of hours on the net and even made a few phone calls to find out about this bike, and i can't find notten' on it", after a brief moment of silence he burst into laughter and then i new i was screwed! :D needless to say i am constantly reminded of this gag! those rat b*stards!

i am going to borrow your ficticious description and tell him europe is piloting your machine in a KTM and will soon be in the states for late 04' :D