Bad Karma

I've been searching.........looking........yearning for the perfect analogy that describes the SoCal forum regulars. And I think I've found it:

Joe Schmo as himself:

Sarge as Bald bull:

? ? ? ?

Edited by BODIEFW

JV is not a done deal yet. They keep extending the final document date. The Marines all told us they can handle ANY battle put forth, but I do believe they underestimated the opposition to this.

Surveyors are always out there somewhere doing their job, Sad story for sure. But i dont think it really belongs here

But I will say that if the Marines hired him to do this survey, they should have provided him with adequate means to notify the proper authorities if he was in trouble

I'll ask you the same question then . . . what were they supposed to do? The group with him was able to perform CPR on site, a deputy was called . . . people die regardless of karma or adequate means of notifying authorities. BTW - did I miss the portion of the article where it mentioned they weren't able to notify authorities? Regardless, when you're out in the middle of BFE and $#!% happens you don't have many options. I guess taxpayers should pay for a fully trained medical unit to travel with them and a chopper circling overhead . . . oh wait.

SPOT, Satellite phone, radios that have frequencies to bounce off the repeater sites. Hell, any Verizon cell phone would do? .

Granted, things happen. But it seems like he wasn't as prepared as he could have been

For what its worth.....when a couple others and myself came across that downed rider that had DFO'd from dehydration at the Viking's H&H, he had hit his SPOT before I came across him and ultimately saved his life. I don't have one but I should.

SPOT, Satellite phone, radios that have frequencies to bounce off the repeater sites. Hell, any Verizon cell phone would do? .

Granted, things happen. But it seems like he wasn't as prepared as he could have been

I guess after reading the article I don't see what leads you guys to believe that they weren't prepared . . . the article mentions that the deputy was called, and it would be hard for me to believe that if they were in a group with individuals that knew enough to provide CPR, yet nobody had a phone or radio. Just sounded like one of those $#!% happens kinda things to me . . . could have happened sitting at home, especially if he lived in a remote area where the FD isn't able to get there in a matter of minutes.

The military has choppers flying around all day and some of the best medics on earth. They also know the extreme terrain. If they hire contractors to work out there they should be sure the workers have the communications and safety procedures they need. If calling the sheriff is your only tool... then you are already dead !

I have several friends working the solar facility at Desert Center. The safety procedures in place out there are insane. This man may have died anyway. But he deserved a fighting chance. And CPR alone and a LOOOONG wait for the sheriff to roll into town was not enough.

Why is it Bad Karma ? Because the military is stealing public land they don't need unless they are gearing up for another war... this time in IRAN. We can't afford the BILLIONS needed to pay for it... and there is a base only 70 miles away at Fort Irwin they could use... but they don't wanna share with the Army. So the Marines are experiencing Bad Karma for forcing this ridiculous land grab onto the CA and US citizens. .

Edited by Jeff aka BOLT

The military has choppers flying around all day and some of the best medics on earth. They also know the extreme terrain. If they hire contractors to work out there they should be sure the workers have the communications and safety procedures they need. If calling the sheriff is your only tool... then you are already dead !

I have several friends working the solar facility at Desert Center. The safety procedures in place out there are insane. This man may have died anyway. But he deserved a fighting chance. And CPR alone and a LOOOONG wait for the sheriff to roll into town was not enough.

Why is it Bad Karma ? Because the military is stealing public land they don't need unless they are gearing up for another war... this time in IRAN. We can't afford the BILLIONS needed to pay for it... and there is a base only 70 miles away at Fort Irwin they could use... but they don't wanna share with the Army. So the Marines are experiencing Bad Karma for forcing this ridiculous land grab onto the CA and US citizens. .

:excuseme: Really . . . in a forum where nobody other than dogggmannn would have disagreed with your point about the land grab to begin with, you needed to use this man's death as a soapbox. :lame:

Amazing how this country has survived, when an employer has to provide a satelite phone, honing beacon, and lifealert to protect a worker from the dangers of walking outside . . . it was proabably like 75* and sunny out . . . they should have known something bad would happen. And this coming from our more conservative minded folk, not the whining liberals . . . this country doens't have a chance in hell.

• Like 1

If you don't quote it... I don't know about it.

TTs policy is you just ignore these clowns because they don't wanna deal with it... and they believe some of you guys like this crap. Makes about as much sense as liking higher taxes... but Obama was re-elected... so maybe TT is right.

Two sides to every story, right?

Here's mine. Since we apparently didn't move fast enough or exactly as YOU expected to your reported posts, you're now whining about it publicly like all these people are going rally behind you b/c of your persecution. Do you really think that everyone's world revolves about you and how you feel? Your profile says that you're 51. ACT LIKE IT DUDE.

I told you that if you act like this, I'm out and I am. Don't PM me for help. I don't deal with tantrums. If the moderators choose to answer your questions, they are welcome too.

• Like 1

Two sides to every story, right?

Here's mine. Since we apparently didn't move fast enough or exactly as YOU expected to your reported posts, you're now whining about it publicly like all these people are going rally behind you b/c of your persecution. Do you really think that everyone's world revolves about you and how you feel? Your profile says that you're 51. ACT LIKE IT DUDE.

I told you that if you act like this, I'm out and I am. Don't PM me for help. I don't deal with tantrums. If the moderators choose to answer your questions, they are welcome too.

Be pissed if you like... but is there ANYTHING but truth in my post that you just quoted ? I paraphrased what you told me. If you want trolls on the site that is your call boss. At least we all know the score now. And I believe the only PMing going on between you and me was me replying to your questions.

For a guy that tells me to grow a thicker skin and put up with jerks like threadbuster you sure are a sensitive one. ?

See ya fellas ?

Clearly you need to stay out of the desert. You obviously don't know how fast things can go bad out here any day of the year.

Why? because not all agree with your exaggeration of what dangers await in the desert? So only you and those that agree with your personal opinion are qualified to enter the desert?

I'd wager whatever you’re willing to loose, I have more time in, more experience in desert and other austere environments then you do.. and I disagree with your position, assumptions and position on the dangers of a California desert.

Additionally, I’ll disagree that an employer is obligated to pamper and hand hold an employee who freely chose to work the job task assigned. Was he dropped off against his well? Forced to go in to the desert against his wishes and safety concerns? Or was he hired, given a job assignment and of his own free will, decided to continue his employment and take on the assigned task..

• Like 1

As to your absurd and silly posts on what or why the Marines want to expand.. they hardly deserve a response.. Other then to mention from what you have posted so far, you really have no idea what your talking about..

If you have a direct focused question, without innuendo and implied slight.. Post, I'd be happy to address it.

• Like 1

Clearly you need to stay out of the desert. You obviously don't know how fast things can go bad out here any day of the year. And yes your employer is responsible for your safety and foreseeable events like an injury in a very remote location.

And the blind can see . . . it's a miracle . . . praise the lord!!! Now why do I need to stay out of the dez . . . is it because I don't feel the need to place blame on others for life being fragile, because I take responsiblity for my own well being, or is it just cuz I'm not agreeing with you again . . . how dare I?

Before you blow this situation into something totally different than the article actually reads (like you did with that Jawbone Store story) go back and read it again . . . the guy didn't die from the elements after being injured/lost/stranded out in the dez, there wasn't a flash flood, swarm of locusts, or other act of God like you allude to either. Based on the article, the guy started coughing, then convulsing, and then died . . . you must be some kind of Dougie Howser or House type to be able to diagnose the issue that led to his death and place blame on the Marines with such a limited amount of information . . . impressive, or perhaps you are just talking out your ass.

Edited by schmo
  • Like 1

But I will say that if the Marines hired him to do this survey, they should have provided him with adequate means to notify the proper authorities if he was in trouble

The Marines did not hire HIM...

The Department of logistics (DOL) or another post department requested one or more company submit a bid on a job contract.. said company's researched what would be required to meet the contract, planed and submitted a bid. The (DOL) or another post department then accepted a bid and hired a COMPANY to conduct a survey of a specific area and provide a set of data in said contract scope of work. The COMPANY hired is then responsible to decide what, when, how the job is to be completed to meet the accepted scope of work.

Be pissed if you like... but is there ANYTHING but truth in my post that you just quoted ? I paraphrased what you told me. If you want trolls on the site that is your call boss. At least we all know the score now. And I believe the only PMing going on between you and me was me replying to your questions.

For a guy that tells me to grow a thicker skin and put up with jerks like threadbuster you sure are a sensitive one. ?

See ya fellas ?

Finally, good riddance.

• Like 1