How do you lift your bike onto stand?

I did a search for this and find random information about jacking, etc... I currently muscle my yz450 onto the stand by grabbing the front brake with my right hand (standing on right side of bike) and lifting the handle with my left hand up and onto the stand. I don't consider myself a weak guy but maybe i am getting old. Is there a 'technique' I am unaware of that makes this easy?

I did a search for this and find random information about jacking, etc... I currently muscle my yz450 onto the stand by grabbing the front brake with my right hand (standing on right side of bike) and lifting the handle with my left hand up and onto the stand. I don't consider myself a weak guy but maybe i am getting old. Is there a 'technique' I am unaware of that makes this easy?

I asked this recently and got several responses, a lot of people said just lift from the plastic.

The best idea I got was to stand on the left side of the bike and reach over and grab the rear wheel rim and lift from there. You can sort of lift and pull it towrds you onto the stand. The front tire stays on the ground until its on the stand. It works pretty good for me, I suppose you could do it from either side. The only time it sucks is after a ride when the exhaust is hot.

I usually pick up the kawi from the subframe to lay it on the stand but I hate it,the yz426 I have I put on the stand with the lever as this bike weighs alot more.I will never buy another stand that requires you to pick up the bike,the lever ones are so much more easier.

I have a lift stand, but also a regular stand I use I the lift stand is in use. I stand on the left side of the bike, grab the right side of the rear fender with my right hand, left hand is on left handlebar grip and then I lean the bike into me using my right leg/knee to muscle the bike into the stand.

I always thought it would be neat to have a fold out hand hold on the right side of the bike so you could leaver the bike over your knee and boost it up onto the stand sitting on the far side of the bike.

It turns out every bike has one ! It's called a kickstarter.

You can also turn it out and put the hole in the top of the stand over it and take the stand with you when you're pushing the bike to the pressure washer.

I always thought it would be neat to have a fold out hand hold on the right side of the bike so you could leaver the bike over your knee and boost it up onto the stand sitting on the far side of the bike.

the older bikes do have a handle..

my backup bike is a 98 yz400f and it has a handle under the seat that lets you grab the subframe in a super convienient way to put the bike on the stand.. I can't figure out why they would change that?