HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatBoy

Should I buy a 99 or 00 ?

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a used 400-426. There are 2 bikes im looking at the first is a 2000 426 which i know the owner and has sat out one season. only upgrades are hinson clutch basket and heavyer springs.Buy the way im a big dude 6,2" 270lbs this bike is $3600. The second is a 99 400 which was bought late in the year and hardly ridin this season. It has a aftermarket triple clamp protaper bars works connect radiator guards priced at $2600. Which one should i buy? Which bike is the most reliable? Pros-cons? Help in making up my mind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fatboy

The 426 hits harder, but from what I've seen, the 400 seems a bit more reliable than the 00/426. Either bike would be a decent choice if they are clean and well maintained.

My .02

GLEN

I think you'll be happy with either one. Make sure you check the 99 over well and keep the extra $$ .I own a 01 so I cant coment on performance, but i think both bikes had thier problems if you werent one of the lucky ones. Clutches and keyway for the 00. And im not sure but didnt the 99 have a problem with a notch shering of a shifter part???and rods??

Anyway pick one soon. Byron sunday...(: