Is an overflow bottle really needed?

Im busy setting up my YZ426 for woods and dune riding and wanted to know if the overflow bottle really is needed (and worth the $$$)

Its at the shop doing some much needed maintenance, so really just looking for some feedback? I figured that the bike will get hot either way if it stands and idles on the trail or in really technical riding.

whats the turkey baster mod?

I overheat me bike and boil out the coolant every time I ride the technical trails near me.

I purchased a wr overflow bottle I was going to try and use, but it looks like it will interfere with the rear tire with the yz subframe, so I am not sure yet.

whats the turkey baster mod?

I overheat me bike and boil out the coolant every time I ride the technical trails near me.

I purchased a wr overflow bottle I was going to try and use, but it looks like it will interfere with the rear tire with the yz subframe, so I am not sure yet.

No need to install an overflow with Evans . It's unlike any other coolant you are used to. It is waterless and has a boiling point of approx. 365* F.

www.evanscoolant.com

I have an '07 450 and started to ride the woods with it, almost right away ( as in the first ride) the engine overheated in the slower sections resulting in coolant loss. As I continued with the bike in the woods the condition persisted and I kept having to monitor the loss and top up the rad. I eventually installed an overflow, first a plastic sports drink bottle mounted under and to the side of the rear fender. The bottle worked fantastic, the bike still overheated but the fluid loss was contained and flowed back to the rad when the engine cooled. Problem here was the plastic was too brittle and the bottle failed. After that I changed to the turkey baster mounted on the inside of the rad, its on there now working great. Less capacity than the first bottle but enough and easy to make and easy to install. Have a look on utube for some tips.

there are defiantely some good ideas in those threads.. it will give me something to play with over thanksgiving weekend ?

Gray - do you think only 1 radiator needs a fan, or should one be installed on each rad?

I would think both, but my riding buddy has a crf250x and the factory cooling upgrade on his bike is 1 fan on the fill radiator

A lot of things changed between '01 and '06, too.

BTW, I think that the WR426 radiators bolt onto a YZ426. I can't recall if there was a conflict with the shrouds or not. The WR radiators are larger.

Your correct, I forgot what model the op had. But it did make a bid difference on my bike. 06 450 And I didnt mention that I only ride in the winter months in Florida 75-85 degrees Edited by STR8SHOOTR