chain/sproket recommendation

Hi.

I currently have a Renthal Ultralight sprocke, with a DID gold chain on my WR450, and it has worn Ultrafast.

The chain is ok, didn´t strech too much (adjuster still has half way to go) but the sprockets scream for a change..

So, I have to buy a new chain/sproket kit, and i was wondering wich make/model would be the most durable.

I don´t care for weight or appearence, just strenght

thanks

regards from Argentina

I just get the Rocky MTN Atv brand of chain. Gold X ring for like $70 or so. I also use their front XTS front sprocket. Been using this stuff since 04' and it has proven to be a good deal for me. I just get new stuff in the spring every year and it last the season with no problems. That is riding a lot too, like close to 180 hrs a year for a good chunk of those years.

Forgot about the rear sprocket, used the RMATV rear too, but the last two sprockets, I went with the $50 Moose mainly b/c I wanted a black one and RMATV didn't have a black one in their house brand, which is Primary Drive. Couldn't remember it earlier. If they had black, I would be using them.

Edited by Bandit9

steel or alum?? hows it holding up>?

Forgot about the rear sprocket, used the RMATV rear too, but the last two sprockets, I went with the $50 Moose mainly b/c I wanted a black one and RMATV didn't have a black one in their house brand, which is Primary Drive. Couldn't remember it earlier. If they had black, I would be using them.

Moose?

Aluminum. They have been great. A lot lighter than the Primary Drive steel one I was using. Actually I haven't wore one out yet, I just switched from a 51th to a 50th. 51 is still good to go, has some wear, but I would run it with no worries. It is in the bike trailer as a spare. Probably has 50 hrs on it seeing duty on both the 06WR and the YZ250.

Those Primary Drive chains are pretty damn good.

• Like 1