Which oversized brake rotor kit?

Ride Engineering brake lines are pretty good. I put a HEL on my drz that was pretty cool too. You can even get the banjo fitting anodized any color you want.

i will look into one of them if this one I have was to start leaking again.....so far the Teflon tape has stopped the seepage .....either that or when I disconnected it to put the tape on and screwed it back on the tapered end seal back better. Either way it has been holding

Did you reuse the stock bolt or is it a different bolt supplied with the new brake line? If it's a new bolt and starts leaking again try it with the stock bolt. Why not. I can't see how the brake line itself could cause the leakage. Unless the mounting surfaces aren't perfectly flat, but than again you have the two crush washers to fill in any gaps.

Just a few thoughts.

Edited by PilotHonda

Did you reuse the stock bolt or is it a different bolt supplied with the new brake line? If it's a new bolt and starts leaking again try it with the stock bolt. Why not. I can't see how the brake line itself could cause the leakage. Unless the mounting surfaces aren't perfectly flat, but than again you have the two crush washers to fill in any gaps.

Just a few thoughts.

No .......I didn't use the stock banjo bolt. The new line came with all the hardware (Banjo Bolt,washer's) the line all ready had the nut attached to it. You can see in the pics .

I used Teflon tape around the threaded part on the Banjo bolt. Gray said it would be like stacking hay bales three high around a tiger cage in case he gets out.

But so far the tiger hasn't got out yet cause the Teflon tape is keeping the fluid from seeping out. This is the longest it has gone without seeping. I went back down and pumped the lever some more to see if any would seep and none so far.

If by chance the tiger escapes i will do your method and see if the stock bolt will work but hopefully I wont have to.

Edited by CaptainKnobby

Did you torque it down?

I did the first time and torqued it so tight I thought if I went a tad more it would break. Believe me I torqued about as far as you would want to go. Like I said .....i checked it again a minute ago and its still good. The Teflon tape is keeping it from seeping fluid.

I dont know why Grey wouldt think the Teflon Tape wouldn't work. Any time that I do Plumbing work and there is a slight leak ....you all ways use Teflon tape on threads to stop most leaks or better yet to prevent leaks.....Thats why I thought about using Teflon Tape to keep it from leaking.

It wouldn't like it ws pouring out but just over a night it would seep Brake fluid out from the nut that goes over the banjo bolt.

Well I guess the Teflon tape done the trick........Its dry as a bone.....Its been about 2 days and not a sign of fluid.......

If you can stop water from leaking by using Teflon on pipe threads then you can just about guarantee that it will stop any other liquid especially if its thinker than water. So if anyone has a leak at the banjo bolt then just use some teflon tape cause it works.

Isn't Teflon tape used on pipe thread mostly, which is tapered

No not necessarily.

Isn't Teflon tape used on pipe thread mostly, which is tapered

That is what it's for, yes.

Not trying to bring up old threads but this topic didn't answer the question... what is the best oversize rotor for stopping and longevity???

It's not the pro factory (I can justify) I had a galfer on another bike and it lasted.

How does the ebc hold up? I heard it's more brake pad specific to it's power...

I've had the Tusk oversized rotor kit on my 09 for a while. it definitely works better than stock and looks good. I've heard the size of the rotor is the only thing that matters, not so much the design. So you can spend hundreds to get something like the Braking batfly rotor kit, which is what I wanted, but the cheaper Tusk rotor works just as good unless you're a pro and need the absolute best.

I've had the Tusk oversized rotor kit on my 09 for a while. it definitely works better than stock and looks good. I've heard the size of the rotor is the only thing that matters, not so much the design. So you can spend hundreds to get something like the Braking batfly rotor kit, which is what I wanted, but the cheaper Tusk rotor works just as good unless you're a pro and need the absolute best.

Agreed.

Thanks guys. Just don't know anyone with tusk or ebc. The pro factor lasted 75hr ish until the floating rivets had more play than i'd like (actually noticeable)... Using oem pads. Warning to all!!! Just bit the bullet and bought the galfer kit... I won't be disappointed!!!

Is there any difference between the quality of the Tusk and EBC rotors?

I've been using the Tusk for two years and about 150 hours of use. Still solid, straight and always ready for more abuse.

Galfer has a much less expensive solid mount rotor (SKW)  kit now, its only $135 on rocky mountain.  If I was buying one today that's where I'd put my money.  

I'm pretty happy with my 270mm galfer tsunami kit. It brakes with no effort and i kept the stock pads leaving the galfer pads for the replacement when the currents get worn.