HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigthump426

yz426 oil leaking everywhere

5 posts in this topic

i recently got a 2000 yz426 and am stoked with it i took it out on a first ride and the next day i found i little oil dripping no biggie so i went to inspect and found its dripping off the frame its driping off some wiring i have no idea on where to start i washed the bike off and en again its dripping of the frame but just little droplets any help is appreciated

Do you know that part of the frame is used to store the engine oil?

Where on the frame are you seeing the oil?

there is a hose from the top of the engine that leads down the shifter side of the bike and it will drip some oil,its a breather hose for the engne but oil also manages to be blown out there.If your rings are worn and getting excess blowby then it will be worse than normal,mine just had a new piston and rings and I still get some oil from the hose.