How to flip the fuel petcock?

I put a Clarke 3.6 gal tank on my 2009 WR450 and now my petcock needs flipped from left to right. Right now I have a 12 inch fuel hose, which works but not the final solution.

It looks like I could possibly drill out the stock petcock and try to use it. But I would need to plug the hole on the wrong side.

I have searched everywhere but can't find anything with specific info on this. Anybody done this before and have advice?

I would also appreciate any recommended stock replacement petcocks... Thanks.

Edited by beairmo

Acerbic makes left and right petcocks, just buy one rather than risk modding yours

I just put mine in backwards. I can reach the handle with my finger. No big deal.

Or just get an 06 WR petcock for $25-$30.

Thank you very much Bandit for the suggestion to use a 2006 Fuel Petcock. Ordered one for $20 bucks.

I really appreciate the help.

Bear

Your welcome.

I put my Clarke 3.6 back on yesterday for some Dual Sport riding On Thanksgiving. Thought I would take a few pics for you. This is what it looks like. Pic isn't that great of quality, but you get the picture. Pun intended...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Bandit9

If you didn't, I highly suggest you wash out that take with gas. I had to flush and empty 1/4 gal in it 6 times before I stopped seeing little plastic bits come out caught in the screen of my funnel. In line filter is a must or you will be cleaning jets.