HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Regenerex

Quick question on jetting..

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Tried searching, couldn't find anything, so...

After a trouble free season with my new WR (2011 leftover), I found it needs a little more power for next season. I am thinking about adding the Fmf Power/Mega bomb header, Powercore Ti Slipon, High flow filter, and drop a tooth on the front sproket. Anyway, with the Exhaust , and filter, what should I change my jetting to? I currently have stock jetting and all the free mods done. I live at Sea level, at around 20-30 degrees celsius.

Thanks.

Krannie told me:

More restricted = less fuel.

So

Less restricted means more fuel required.

So you may be a little lean. Assuming you are already correctly jetted.

Only tinkering will really tell ;)

Buy some jets and get into it.

The easiest way would be to purchase the JD jet kit, and follow his directions to achieve a very well running machine with lots of power. Others will tell you to purchase a selection of jets from Yamaha , Carb warehouse, etc.. and through trial & error achieve the same thing. The choice is yours.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be buying the JD jet kit soon. I got all winter before i'll really be able to see a power difference, but i'll at least know what to change it to.

Thanks again.