HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Judkins829

How many hours should a used 2010 YZ 450F have?

12 posts in this topic

I have a line on a 2010 YZ 450F and my question is the guy says it has 113 hours on it. To me that seems like a lot for a 2010. Thoughts?

If it doesn't have an hour meter, ask him how he figures that. It's reasonable if you think about riding every week in a recreational setting. It wouldn't be hard to pile that up in the maybe almost 3 years he's had it. Or he might hit the track 2-3 times a week.

If he tells you that the number was something he got from the GYT-R tuner, ask him if the hours were ever reset. If they were, there's more than that.

I just bought one that has 166 hours on it. It was used for MX only and around here you can only ride for 6 months a year due to the weather. I could see one having a lot more if you lived in a place with a longer riding season or if it was used for trail riding.

If it doesn't have an hour meter, ask him how he figures that. It's reasonable if you think about riding every week in a recreational setting. It wouldn't be hard to pile that up in the maybe almost 3 years he's had it. Or he might hit the track 2-3 times a week.

If he tells you that the number was something he got from the GYT-R tuner, ask him if the hours were ever reset. If they were, there's more than that.

You can reset the hours with the tuner? Thought never crossed my mind but i like the fact that i will be able to show actual time to the next owner of my 11

You can reset the hours with the tuner?

Yes, you can reset to zero the total time shown in the data the tuner retrieves from the ECU.

113 hours in three years isn't that much. Maybe for MX, but if he rode it off road at all then it's easy to rack up 6+ hours in a day. Throw in 4 or so three day weekend rides per year and that alone could be around 72 hours plus all the day trips made. I have been putting on 80-100 hours a year for the past 6 years on my bike.

If he's estimating, he's probably overstating it. The fact that you take a bike out to your favorite spot at 8 AM and don't leave 'til 4 doesn't mean it was an 8 hour ride day unless the engine was running that entire time.

1 person likes this

If he's estimating, he's probably overstating it. The fact that you take a bike out to your favorite spot at 8 AM and don't leave 'til 4 doesn't mean it was an 8 hour ride day unless the engine was running that entire time.

113 would be an odd number to just come up with if he were estimating. Not saying that he isn't though.

He told me that the previous owner rode it on a farm and he rode it at the local track for the last couple months he has owned it. He also to me that the 113 is what the tuner reads, I dont know if he had that done at the dealer or he has a tuner himself. It seems that the general consensus is that 113 is not that bad, correct?

He told me that the previous owner rode it on a farm and he rode it at the local track for the last couple months he has owned it. He also to me that the 113 is what the tuner reads, I dont know if he had that done at the dealer or he has a tuner himself. It seems that the general consensus is that 113 is not that bad, correct?

It depends on what kind of maintenance was done to it over that time. If the owners actually maintained it properly then it should be ok, if they neglected it then expect to put a lot of money into it. The bike I bought with 165 hours was whipped, but it was priced accordingly. I knew that it was going to take over $1500 just in parts to get it to my standards.

I have a line on a 2010 YZ 450F and my question is the guy says it has 113 hours on it. To me that seems like a lot for a 2010. Thoughts?

My 2010 has about 200 hours on it. Recreational rider. All MX tracks. I am old and ride a couple times a month. For 3 hours of track time I average about 2 hours of riding at each trip.

I've overhauled the engine and maintain things pretty well. It is in great shape.