Which ez pull clutch lever is best???

I am looking for a new cluth lever . I want a ez pull. I have seen two that I am cosidering, MSR and Magnum. Has anyone tried these? I diffinaty like the looks of the magnum better but have not tried one, I also like the fact that the Mag has ez adjust as well as pull. I dont know about theMSR.

i have used a MSR Raptor (shorty lever) for 3 years now on 2 different bikes ('98yz250, '01yz250f). i think about 8 people have bought a Raptor after trying it on my bike. it works awesome and really reduces left arm pump.

my next project is to drill out the soft brass sleave and find a small needle bearing to replace it with. that would be the ultimate (ok, with a built in de-comp would be).

I like the Yamaha accessory lever assembly. It has the TT350 lever or whatever the heck everyone was switching to. With this lever, and a properly lubed cable, lever pull is significantly reduced without reducing the amount of clutch release.

------------------

MX Tuner

Raptor works well as long as you can find one that doesn't break while you are installing it. smile.gif

Mr T

I know where there is something just like what you want. You need to call Honda of Tulsa in Tulsa, OK. They sell a clutch lever called a RTC. It takes a Honda clutch Purch so dont buy the purch Just the lever. It is the best I have ever seen. You will not be dissapointed. You can buy a Honda purch anywhere for a lot less than they want. I run this lever on everything I ride.

I know where there is something just like what you want. You need to call Honda of Tulsa in Tulsa, OK. They sell a clutch lever called a RTC. It takes a Honda clutch Purch so dont buy the purch Just the lever. It is the best I have ever seen. You will not be dissapointed. You can buy a Honda purch anywhere for a lot less than they want. I run this lever on everything I ride.

Copied from July 1999 Motocross Action magazine (MXA)

"Team Yamaha riders use the clutch lever and perch from a Yamaha TZ250 road racer, but you can get similar easy-pull clutch action by switching from the stock YZ400 clutch lever to the $12 lever off of a Yamaha Banshee or XT550 street bike. The part number is (#3FY-83912-0100)."

------------------

NO SCADE.com ftw808@noscade.com

smlwatemail.gif

[This message has been edited by ftw808 (edited October 21, 2001).]

Can the lever(yamaha replacement) be used on a 2001 426? I bought the part number described, but it did not fit the stock perch. It was too narrow where it fits into the perch. Do I need to buy a new perch also?