yz plastic on a wr

yes, the front plate, shrouds and fenders are from 06 YZ450 if i recall. Only side plates and tank are 2011 wr450 (note that the front plate tilts a bit forward due to the speedo.) The YZ rear fender will need to be drilled and slightly modified to accomodate the wr mounting. Small spacers and longer bolts are needed on the upper rear mounts. The ECU that is above the coolant tank fits nicely behind the battery under the seat and the wires reach fine. motorcyclesuperstore.com has polisport front and rear fenders for like 3.99 in various colors. shrouds are like 9.99

th_picofwr450oldschool81812-1.jpg

Edited by Taxgod4u

better hurry, they are running out of good colors. I just ordered a new rear fender in the yellow as a spare.

http://motorcycle.mo...search#w=350993

0000-Polisport-MX-Rear-Fender.jpg

Polisport MX Rear Fender Time to give your bike a new look or replace scuffed, scratched, and/or broken plastics. Polisport's high gloss replacement Side panels will give your bikes bodywork a shot of aesthetic appeal by the Durable Glossy Polypropylene's high gloss shine. Polisport is proud to…

MSRP $19.95-$26.95 $3.99 - $4.99

Edited by Taxgod4u

• 2 weeks later...

I removed the lights, computer, odo cable, and replaced rear fender on the 06 I had for racing. that headlight was heavy and I kept hitting trees and breaking it during normal rides. I also freaked out at the weight difference b/t the YZ and 06 WR rear fenders. That old style WR rear fender was waaaayyyyyy heavier.

Now I did run a number plate while racing Harescrambles, but ended up missing the odo, so I put it back on and ran my "XC" mode headlight shell without the light itself.

I used some 1/8 plexi glass to block off the dirt getting in and some black mesh, zip tied in the headlight hole.

I thought it looked tough like the solid black grille of a 70's era musle car.

image.jpg

Edited by Bandit9