sprockets alum vs steel

Steel but make sure the chain and the counter shaft sprocket is good if you put a new sprockets on with a bad chain you'r new sprockets will go bad fast same new chain on worn out sprockets it will make your new chain wear out much faster.

I normaly change them out in sets unless I know the other in great shape.

Steels Sprokets can cost alot less than aluminim sprockets and taken care of they can and will last much longer than aluminim sprockets.

I only will run is steel when the sales person at the bike shop trys to sell me a aluminuim I tell them I dont want that junk normaly it's a young kid that sold on the hip all the big time racers use them.

• Like 1

13/50 on my 426 and I find it great all around.they are steel,I used aluminum on the kx and only get a season out of them,last set lost all its teeth and I didn't notice it until I went to change the tire.Running an O-ring chain also but they are noisey,I get alot of chain slap unless I run it tight.

DID 520 X ring chain $99.00 http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/969/42856/ITEM/DID-520VX2-X-Ring-Chain.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Did%20Chain&WT.MC_ID=10010

The last chain I purchased was a Renthal chain O -Ring POS but I pick it for cheep but I will never again buy a renthal chain it keeps on streching the DID I have ran on many bikes over the year best chain I ever ran.

I like DID I also have had RK it was Okay I have now a Renthal like I said never again but when the sproket and cain go bad I get my self anouther DID X ring chain.

As for Sprockets I seen front sprockets On E-Bay for $7.00 for Front free shipping rears for $20.00 Free Shipping and NO tax, This way you can run any combo you want I running a 13 in front and a 50 in the rear.

If you were closer I give you a new DID Non O ring chain someone else gave me never been used I only will run O or X ring cjhains.

Well I have seen on motosport they had kits 160$ I think they were, with a front and chain.

Edited by marv02

DID 520 X ring chain $99.00 http://www.motorcycl...&WT.MC_ID=10010

The last chain I purchased was a Renthal chain O -Ring POS but I pick it for cheep but I will never again buy a renthal chain it keeps on streching the DID I have ran on many bikes over the year best chain I ever ran.

I like DID I also have had RK it was Okay I have now a Renthal like I said never again but when the sproket and cain go bad I get my self anouther DID X ring chain.

As for Sprockets I seen front sprockets On E-Bay for $7.00 for Front free shipping rears for $20.00 Free Shipping and NO tax, This way you can run any combo you want I running a 13 in front and a 50 in the rear.

If you were closer I give you a new DID Non O ring chain someone else gave me never been used I only will run O or X ring cjhains.

I don't need a chain, My bike is literally brand new.

I spent like $100 on a DID x-ring and the POS stretched every ride...never again. I prefer the "Primary Drive" chain and sprocket combos Rocky Mountain sells. I get a chain and sprocket combo that last six months of riding or racing(Hare Scrambles) 9/10 Sundays a year. Can't go wrong for $89-99!

I never had any Issues with a DID Chain with 8,500 lbs tensile strength I ran then on my 64 H/P KTM 560 and my 60+ H/P CR500 .

Which DID X ring were you running I have a Renthal O-Ring chain tensilestrength of 5,300 lbs it streches a lot just waiting for it to fail and on my 52 H/P Yz 426.

I spent like $100 on a DID x-ring and the POS stretched every ride...never again. I prefer the "Primary Drive" chain and sprocket combos Rocky Mountain sells. I get a chain and sprocket combo that last six months of riding or racing(Hare Scrambles) 9/10 Sundays a year. Can't go wrong for $89-99!

It's a stretched chain that wears sprockets, so if you want the cogs to last, invest first in a good high quality chain that doesn't wear right away and will hold its correct pitch dimensions over time. I run Regina's ORN6 sealed chains exclusively ever since the first one I tried on a CR500 some years back. The chains last me about a year and a half of riding in general and desert racing. I replace them when they are stretched 1.5 - 1.75% over spec's, and the hard anodized Tag Metals aluminum sprockets I run are still in serviceable condition at that time, sand and everything.