Looking for TTR225

I'm looking for a 00 or 01 TTR225.

If you have one, or know of anyone who does, and they want to sell it, let me know.

Thanks.

DaveJ

Hey Dave, if I could be so bold. Don't bother!

Been there done that, too many problems. Buy a TTR 125L...

Mr T

Have to agree with MR T on this one. I have heard very little good (discussed often here at TT) about the 225. They have major jetting issues and are very heavy. Is she is to big for a TTR125 try a XR200 Honda.

Good Luck

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, All YZ Modifications, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

AMA, Happy Ramblers MXC (Dist #7), Tower City and Rausch Creek

Thanks guys, and I have reconsidered.

And she won't ride red, (ummm...because of the color) so it looks like the 125L is best.

Let me know if you guys have one for sale.

DaveJ

I've actually got a 2001 “L” for sale. Just listed it in the paper on Friday. My son outgrew it after one season. It's well maintained and only has about 50 hours of ride time on it. The things are bullet proof anyway. I’m in SoCal so it might be a long drive???? You can reach me during the day at (858) 826-3862 or email me at garrowt@saic.com.

By the way…the TTR-225’s ARE junk. You’re much better off with the 125L or the XR-200.

Troy

Great choice Dave! Glad to see we've got more wives riding!

Good Luck.

Mr T

When looking for the right bike for my girlfriend it came down to the TT-R225 or XR200 - I bought her the XR200. The TT-R225 is 40lbs heavier, mostly due to the electric start and steel gas tank.

We also looked at the TT-R125L, but at 5'9", she's just too tall for that bike.

The XR is easy for her to start on her own and seems to be stone-axe reliable - even after I get done crashing the thing.