Going back to the other side...(red)

Yamaha YZ450F TT:ers !

After 2 years on YZ450F I have decided to go back to my roots, getting the 2013 Honda.

I´ve have enjoyed 2 great seasons on blue. 2011 yz450 and 2012 YZ450.

I really like the yz450 , one of the best bikes I´ve ever had to be honest. I really liked the strong motor and found a very, very good suspension setup that matched my riding style perfect. So I am truly honest when I say that I´m not leaving because of the bike itself.

But a couple of weeks ago I got the chance to try out the new 2013 CRF450 and felt very comfortable on it. And as I said, lets be honest, I´m a Honda guy deep in my heart. Been racing Honda´s for over 10 years before I decided to try blue 2 years ago.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all of you fellow Thumpertalk YZ450F members for good information and great chats over these 2 past seasons !

I will probably check in here to get some info on the new exciting 2014 yz450f the next upcoming season. I´m sure it will be a great bike !

If there is one thing I learn´t about this brand, it got quality spelt all over it !

Thanks !...see you in the future !

DSC_0759.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for you leaving the Yamaha brand but you never know you could come back.

I started out with Yamaha's went to Honda's, Kawi"s, Suzuki's, KTM, and now back to Yamaha I been riding for over 35 Years most my bikes have been 2 strokes this my second 4 stroke dirt bike.

Enjoy riding once it in your blood It's very hard to walk away from.

Edited by marv02

Yamaha YZ450F TT:ers !

After 2 years on YZ450F I have decided to go back to my roots, getting the 2013 Honda.

I´ve have enjoyed 2 great seasons on blue. 2011 yz450 and 2012 YZ450.

I really like the yz450 , one of the best bikes I´ve ever had to be honest. I really liked the strong motor and found a very, very good suspension setup that matched my riding style perfect. So I am truly honest when I say that I´m not leaving because of the bike itself.

But a couple of weeks ago I got the chance to try out the new 2013 CRF450 and felt very comfortable on it. And as I said, lets be honest, I´m a Honda guy deep in my heart. Been racing Honda´s for over 10 years before I decided to try blue 2 years ago.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all of you fellow Thumpertalk YZ450F members for good information and great chats over these 2 past seasons !

I will probably check in here to get some info on the new exciting 2014 yz450f the next upcoming season. I´m sure it will be a great bike !

If there is one thing I learn´t about this brand, it got quality spelt all over it !

Thanks !...see you in the future !

DSC_0759.jpg

That's cool man! Good luck, and hope you have a great season on the CRF! I'm a kawi / yamaha guy deep down. I know what it's like to get on another brand and just not feel right. I've always had hard times on hondas. I like sitting back, always felt in the front on a honda. Some guys really like that. I heard the 2013 they chilled that out and you are more centralized, what you agree?

That's cool man! Good luck, and hope you have a great season on the CRF! I'm a kawi / yamaha guy deep down. I know what it's like to get on another brand and just not feel right. I've always had hard times on hondas. I like sitting back, always felt in the front on a honda. Some guys really like that. I heard the 2013 they chilled that out and you are more centralized, what you agree?

I have only spent ca 1 hour on the 2013 CRF450 testbike Honda had on display, not even started my own bike yet because the weather have been so shitty. But my first impression I had with the new 13 crf450 was that it felt more stable and balanced than the 2009-2012 chassi. A little more like the 2008 CRF450. Also slightly wider over the tank and seat area, and too me that is a good thing ! That was one of the reasons I went to YZ450 a couple of years ago...I like when it´s easy to grip the bike with your knees. The 2009-2012 crf450 was just a little to thin for my taste.

Edited by HRC

It's all good...

I'd owned 7 Honda's before I bought my first non-Honda dirt bike, my '09 yz450f. The '09 crf450r was the reason for the switch, sh!t 4 spring clutch, worst susp. out of the crate (of the big 4), stinkbug stance and flame outs topped the list of what turned me off. Now that they've gotten rid of the 4 spring clutch and done something with the suspension, I'd consider looking at another Honda.

I would have preferred to have stayed riding red, after all.. I was comfortable with them. But, I'm not so brand loyal that I'm going to ride what I believe to be an inferior bike just so I can stay with that brand, it's just not going to happen.

I rode a 2013 kx450f a few weeks ago, that's the one brand I haven't owned (dirt or street) and I can count on one hand how many times I've ridden a green bike. But, I liked it... more so than the 2013 yz450f I rode a week or two before. Which came as a bit of a surprise. Does that mean I'd buy my first green bike ? Probably not as I don't think they're anywhere near as reliable as my yz, and with some subtle tweaking the '13 yz could tip the scales in it's own favor.

Anyway, enough rambling. Glad you came here to hang out for a couple years, don't be a stranger !!

I dont post here much, but read most of the threads. HRC I have to say that I expected to read this before too long. Sounds like the '13 Honda 450 is going to be a great bike, and I am sure yours will be super trick. I am going to check out what you have to say about your new bike in the Honda forum section. I am exactly the opposite of you, being that I have always ridden Yamaha's, and bleed blue. I also want to buy a new bike before the end of the year to be ready for next season, but am torn between what to buy. I rode a 2010 YZ 450 when the were very first released, and it was the worst standard bike I had ever ridden. Hated it. The '13 YZ is still very closely related, and dont know if I can spend the cash on one. I really like the look of the new Honda 450, but it sounds like they need a set of pipes before taking it to the track. Plus the new air fork seems to have a few issues, with the Kawi having problems arising on their air fork. Also, have ruled the Kawi out, for several reasons. The Suzuki is well developed, but I myself dont like the idea of Seperate function fork. Is this old school thinking ?? And the Kato, I dont dig their 450. Their 350 sounds like it may finally be sorted out, but they seem to have a bad rap now, and may be hard to sell in a year or two. A big ramble I know, kinda thinking out loud, maybe hoping for some influence !! ?

I dont post here much, but read most of the threads. HRC I have to say that I expected to read this before too long. Sounds like the '13 Honda 450 is going to be a great bike, and I am sure yours will be super trick. I am going to check out what you have to say about your new bike in the Honda forum section. I am exactly the opposite of you, being that I have always ridden Yamaha's, and bleed blue. I also want to buy a new bike before the end of the year to be ready for next season, but am torn between what to buy. I rode a 2010 YZ 450 when the were very first released, and it was the worst standard bike I had ever ridden. Hated it. The '13 YZ is still very closely related, and dont know if I can spend the cash on one. I really like the look of the new Honda 450, but it sounds like they need a set of pipes before taking it to the track. Plus the new air fork seems to have a few issues, with the Kawi having problems arising on their air fork. Also, have ruled the Kawi out, for several reasons. The Suzuki is well developed, but I myself dont like the idea of Seperate function fork. Is this old school thinking ?? And the Kato, I dont dig their 450. Their 350 sounds like it may finally be sorted out, but they seem to have a bad rap now, and may be hard to sell in a year or two. A big ramble I know, kinda thinking out loud, maybe hoping for some influence !! ?

we all have our opinions and one thinh HRC is right about 100% is the Yam. suspension.Right out of the box it is really good.A few mods and set ups and you can not beat it.

we all have our opinions and one thinh HRC is right about 100% is the Yam. suspension.Right out of the box it is really good.A few mods and set ups and you can not beat it.

Thanks Delmas. Did you find your YZ 450 deflected off small to medium sized bumps in the front?? It was the one thing that really turned me off the YZ. If that could be easily sorted with even a revalve, the YZ would be much higher on my list. I think they are a great looking bike, and I am a Yamaha man through and through. I just dont want to end up with a bike that I just cant gel with.

The front end can easily be dealt with. We resprung the front, left the rear alone. Went to taller bars to sit back on the bike a little more, and everything seemed to even out. We also revalved, etc. Since, the bike is doing great!

I'd worry more about if you like the wide shrouds, central weight more than the front end.