MOTARD??? BRP???? Am I STUPID?????

OK, you know I'm NEW here. I don't think I'm THAT slow, but I want to know... what's MOTARD??? I figured out BRP, and DISAGREE. Perhaps it's because I came from a KLR600 (the Buick). I got pretty good on it, but always got comments, praise, pity and people snickering behind my back. My XRL sure doesn't SEEM like a pig, and I don't care because I LIKE it. :)

Motard is street rubber on a dirt bike. Usually goes along with a big brake rotor and lowered suspension.

Big Red Pig is a term of endearment for those that own one. It has to do with size, color, weight and the monsterous grunt that Pig makes as it rips up the ground. :D

The term BRP was originally created for the XR650R and later adopted by the other big bore Honda dirtbike riders. :)

And the term makes the rest of us that ride smaller bikes quiver in awe :)...at least in the desert.

Thanks all, I'm not as ignorant anymore <?>. NoMoMotard for me....

Archer,

I just finished my '04 XR650L Motard... It was a bear to pull it all together...plus it cost me some bucks; but I was too far gone to turn back. I'm super happy with the bike and the way it turned out; but I can't say I would do it again. It is a "perfect" street motard; but I need to take it to the track (Dec 5th) to give you some semi-race feedback.

I would have either baught a KTM SM (or like) out-right (already built), or alternatly built out a XR650R or CRF450 instead... Easier/cheaper!

Hope this helps!

Mahalo,

TZAR

:)

KTM's next bike after the Duke 995 (which is practically a motard) is a motard. All the big 4 have show models, just a matter of popularity and catching on with the public.

I almost built a 96 XR600 I had 5 years ago. Thinking about one now, but also wondering what Honda's factory motard will be like :)

OK, you know I'm NEW here. I don't think I'm THAT slow, but I want to know... what's MOTARD??? I figured out BRP, and DISAGREE. Perhaps it's because I came from a KLR600 (the Buick). I got pretty good on it, but always got comments, praise, pity and people snickering behind my back. My XRL sure doesn't SEEM like a pig, and I don't care because I LIKE it. :D

http://members.aol.com/xr650rr/ :)