front brake routing question . . .

I have an '03 450 and was wondering if I buy a front brake line and front fork protector(s) off a 05yz250f will it bolt straight on my bike?

I have an '03 450 and was wondering if I buy a front brake line and front fork protector(s) off a 05yz250f will it bolt straight on my bike?

I dont think they will go to a parts web site and see if the parts numbers are the same.

The '05 fork guards won't fit, but Lightspeed makes a set of late style white plastic guards for about $40 that bolt on and allow the use of the shorter, late style hose.

I have a set on my 2000 426 but you have to trim the plastic fork slider guilde on the right fork inboard side (Tire Side) for the lightspeed fork guards to work.

I had to cut the ear off you see.

The '05 fork guards won't fit, but Lightspeed makes a set of late style white plastic guards for about $40 that bolt on and allow the use of the shorter, late style hose.

The late style fork guards don't use the guide hooks that are used with the '98-'04 guards. Rather than cut them off, unbolt them and replace them with a rub ring made of a slice of 2" ABS drain pipe with a split on one side. Snap it right in place without fasteners.

In fact, just removing them and leaving the fork bare will work. Notice that Hondas don't use a rub ring at all, and it never becomes an issue.

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses.