I rode a YZ250F today.... Holy crap...............

Today I met some friends out at a local track here in Socal, Piru Motocross.... My 450 worked great all day, nice suspension and clean running... One of my buddies offered me to take his 250F for a spin... I really wanted to since this was one of the only late model bikes that I've never ridden before... After doing a couple of 10 lap motos on my WR I hopped on his bike... The bike corners so well I couldn't believe it, their is one section of the track where it goes in an "s" pattern, my bike wants to get out of the groove while the little bike holds the line without jumping out... It feels like a turbo TTR125 that you could throw around... I could easily ride the 250F faster on a MX track.. The weight factor is huge.... I stalled the bike on the first lap but after that I got used to it like I've been riding it for years... I love my WR... But not for the track...... Now the problem is where can I find an extra 6 grand..... ?

Me and the 450 Today:

fa9321d7.jpg

check out the burned back ground from the socal fires...

I agree with you on the weight factor! The bike is so light that I can ride it without feeling tired. The power is also sufficient and I'm able to go as fast on the 250 as on my 400 (at least for a weekend warrior like me). Would love to get that small beast but thing is, the CRF250 looks really nice! Hence, I got 2 problems (1 more then you); where to find the cash and which color should i get if the first problem is solved! ?