HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idrzaho

New 2011 wr450! Couple of things...

4 posts in this topic

Well, I guess I'm a wr450 guy now. I just picked up a very slightly used (less than 200 miles!) 2011 wr450 with all free mods done, FMF Ti exhaust , re-sprung and re-valved suspension, handguards, rad guards , skidplate , etc. I'm coming off a 2002 Suzuki DRZ400E, and I absolutley love this thing. It's everything loved about the DRZ, just better in every way. I do, however, have a couple of small things to remedy that my searches have not answered. First of all, I switched to reserve yesterday at 39 miles :( I was hoping to get a (slightly) larger tank that is not a huge, bulbous eyesore like I have on my YZ250, that i rack my nuts on. Anyone have one they like that maybe comes in black? Also, that seat is like a soft brick. My ass has never been so sore, great way to get me up on the pegs! Is there such a thing as a lower/softer seat? Thanks for any input.

Guts makes some different density seat foam, but I don't believe any are lower than stock. But with there softest option, you would settle into in farther, and perhaps that would be low enough?