HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broncomoto

Can I slide the forks up (and how far) on the 2012 YZF 450?

6 posts in this topic

The limit to how far you can move the fork up in the clamp is defined by the outer fork tube. Looking at the portion that fits into the clamps, you'll see how far below the clamp the area machined to match the clamp extends. When they've moved up to the end of that, that's the limit. You may also find that contact with the handlebars may limit the upward movement.

There are two lines scribed on the tops of the tubes, 5 and 10mm from the top. Use these for reference, or measure them to match. Having both of them absolutely matching is not critical beyond a couple of millimeters, but get them close to the same height. I run mine up 14mm, but it's an '06.

Mine is best with the forks flush, if its turning your looking for, make sure your bars are in the forward position, makes all the difference