HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freeh717

BK carb mod?

3 posts in this topic

I just installed a screw for the mod, but it seems a little loose. Is this normal or should it be tight? I am using two springs like mx393 shows in his pics. Also, the cover must be modified to fit over the screw correct? I could tap a larger screw hole, but there wouldn't be much material left in the boss area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I used blue lock tite because mine seemed the same way. The spring does not feel like it adds very much tension. The cover needs to be modified. I would be careful about going larger on the hole. Like you said, there isn't much room there.

Ernie

------------------

--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--

Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

Mine was real loose too (due to a not drilling straight...my fault) I packed the hole with JB weld and let it dry then I retapped it and now it is tight (the springs help if you get a strong one)! Or you can use teflon tape for a quick fix. Once you get the screw set where you want you probably wont ever have to change it so you can use loctite also. Hope this helps,

Garrett http://mx393.tripod.com/carb.html

------------------

I get my kicks on a 426!

Motoman393's MX Site