HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zwebb1210

oil drip out of breather

5 posts in this topic

Is a small oil drip out of the breather hose normal? the spot it left on the concrete is about the size of a CD.

I always get some out of my YZ426 after riding. I ended up making a catch tank out of some PVC so I could try and keep my garage floor clean.

I first used a 1 1/2" pipe, it was a little too big, the 1" PVC fits nicely. A couple 1" caps, two barb fittings from the sprinkler aisle, some hose clamps, and a small filter I found at Autozone. I had a small radiator drain on the first (1 1/2") one I made, but decided to not do it on the second one, I'll just take it off and empty it when I change oil. For about $20, seems to work real good. The clamps on the breather hose help to keep it from kinking on the corners. I rerouted the hose to an area I though would fit the tank better.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg