HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gal

low rpm problem

6 posts in this topic

hi there

when i ride my 2000 yz426f on low rpm, the engine turns off. its only low speed, specialy when i ride on rocks - so i have to ride with half clutch and it kills my arm n my clutch. is there anything i can do?

i ride 15/49 and stock jettings . the bike runs great. at the beggining i tought it was my bad riding but i asked two of my friends to ride it and they had the same prob. what should i do?

Is it stalling because the engine RPM just gets to low (lower than idle)? Does it stall while you're going a steady speed, or when you give it gas to speed up?

The yz has a very tall first gear and it's tough to go really slow without stalling. I'm wondering if this is what's happening with you.

Plus, you've made 1st gear even taller by adding a tooth to the countershaft. 14/49 is stock. If you are riding in very slow conditions you would probably see an improvement if you went to something such as 13/50 and adding a flywheel weight. Make sure your engine is in a good state of tune.

You can try E-Line and/or Zip Ty and maybe IMS. The WR side of this forum has threads concerning flywheel weights. Seems like 10oz. is about the most popular weight.

YES SIR THUPMALOT, THATS MY PROBLEM CAUSE IM A BIT SCARED WHEN I RIDE ON ROCKS....

ILL GIVE 14/50 A TRY

WHAT FLYWHEEL DO U RECCOMEND AND WHERE CAN I BUY IT FROM (AN ONLINE SHOP OR SOMETHING)

THANKS