HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STR8SHOOTR

My Valve Clearances

6 posts in this topic

I'm doing a top end in my 06 yz450f 67hrs and my valve clearance is INT .15 .15 .13 Ex .20 .20 should I leave them since there still in spec or get them closer to the middle of spec?

My clearances are .10-.15 int & .20- .25 ex Im gonna bring the exhaust closer to .25 since its almst out of range and my 1 intake to match the other 2 at .15

Don't bother them. They're all in spec.

The whole range of .10-.15mm or .20-.25mm is only a .002" spread from tight to loose. Why sweat over .001" if it's already where it belongs?

Don't bother them. They're all in spec.

The whole range of .10-.15mm or .20-.25mm is only a .002" spread from tight to loose. Why sweat over .001" if it's already where it belongs?

Right On, I'll just leave them alone then, Just figure while I have the head off for the piston and rings.

Thanks Guys