2002 XR650R "UNCORKING", need help with needle!

I have succesfully done everything in the uncorking process, but the needle. I don't know how to get to it to move the clip. I had a friend who did this kind of stuff for me, but he is no longer with us. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks Shock_Doc! I didn't have a bit of trouble with that needle. Everyone was right about the power increase form "Uncorking". I am experiencing a loud backfire/Pop when I release the throttle. ? I didn't adjust anything, I just installed the 172main, 68pilot, and stock needle in 4th position. Also airbox and exhaust mod. Any ideas?

If you take your time and note the location of all parts involved, removing the slide to get at the needle should'nt be too bad. Just takes some doing.

While you're in there, think about replacing the needle AND seat with the competition needle from Honda. Set it to the 3rd clip position. Using the stock needle, 4th position.

As far as the popping goes when you get off the gas, that's pretty common and normal. Mine does it to, it's not a problem. In fact the YZ426 I used to have did that also, but even more so. It's no big deal.

These big four strokes need to be pretty rich to run really strong, so run a 175 main if you're less than 1000'.

Good luck with it .

At that height I would start with a 170-172 main keep the stock pilot or go up one and get the Honda comp needle in the 3rd possibly 2nd clip position. This is all with the stock exhaust mind you, if/when you change exhaust you'll have to start all over again.