Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taxgod4u

YZ pipe on WR, water hose clearance issue, normal?

5 posts in this topic

I put a 2006 full yz pipe on my 2011 WR450. The head pipe is extreemly close to the water hose. The bend in the pipe where it makes the U turn to point to the rear of the bike seems to be about an inch farther forward than the stocker so it tucks in sooner and is closer to the water hose than the stocker (about 3-5mm gap). The factory "notch" in the pipe to clear the alum frame spine is in the correct place. Is this clearance normal?

Edited by Taxgod4u

I have an 07 yzf full system.. a hair closer but hasn't caused any problem. We need pics

update, the head pipe is same bend as stock, but wants to rotate downwards towards the water pump when I tighten the exhaust flange nut and bolt. The flange portion of the pipe looks to be straight and not damaged. going to look at the gasket next, maybe damaged or not seated right... Any ideas?

My 09 yzf head pipe on my 07 WRF. My radiators have been bent to hell and back more than a few times though.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Edited by n16ht5

My 09 yzf head pipe on my 07 WRF. My radiators have been bent to hell and back more than a few times though.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

how close is the head pipe to that water pipe? (looking downward)