06 yz450

Having gone from an 02 426 to an 06 yz450 myself,I can say,without any doubt or reservation,that the 450 is gonna feel AMAZING compared to a 426.The very first thing I remember noticing,was how well the 06 450 turned!After hopping on the 06,the 426 felt really top heavy and seemed to me like it never wanted to lay over in a corner,but wanted to stand up.The 450 feels SO much lighter in every aspect,and the suspension advantage was like night and day too.There is simply no camparison between those two bikes(And I LOVED my 426!).I don't know what your skill level is,but even for a fat,old,recycled 1970's motocrosser like myself,those differences were really obvious.

thats what I thought,newer usually will be better.I was looking for an 08-09 yz450 but I think I can expand my options,definately want an aluminum frame and 5 speed so 06 and up should be fine.Of course if I can find an 09 I will take that first.I love the 426 also but would like a lighter bike.

Compared to `01 YZ426 it would be amazingly better. An `06 turns no problem - you just have to adpat to it and make couple of small changes like rise the forks, get a good tire and use a bar bend that keeps the weight more upfront (like Windham bend).

It will always remain different from a "great turner" like Suzukis. But then again you have the stability. It`s all one big compromise.

working on a deal for an 06 yz450,say the valves were just shimmed and it needs a rear tire.He just replaced the stock sprockets and it was bought new in 08,he is 2nd owner.Are there any common things to look for in this year/make?It will be a 2.5 hour drive just to see it unless I can talk him into meeting half way.