Side number plate gas tank for a 2002 cr250

Do they make a left side number plate gas tank for the 2002 CR250? I absolutely hate my 3g clark when it's full so I put my stock 2g on. I'd like to have more capacity without the up high weight of the 3g tank. I know they used to or still do make one for the ktm's just wondering if anyone knows of one for the honda. I've looked and cant find them.

I have seen the universal front number plate fuel tank , but that wont solve your weight up high problem....never seen the side plate ones

I plumbed my frame spars and got just under a half-gallon extra capacity. But I screwed up & didn't test enough with air pressure before I put gas in. Had a few pinhole leaks, now my welder friends say it'll be hard to get the aluminum clean enough to spot weld & seal up the leaks.

I plumbed my frame spars and got just under a half-gallon extra capacity. But I screwed up & didn't test enough with air pressure before I put gas in. Had a few pinhole leaks, now my welder friends say it'll be hard to get the aluminum clean enough to spot weld & seal up the leaks.

Is that safe? Sounds interesting though.

I have seen the universal front number plate fuel tank , but that wont solve your weight up high problem....never seen the side plate ones

Yeah I know about that, but was hoping for another option.

Yeah I heard about doing that, I dont know that it's worth it for a 1/2g..although I admit a 1/2g is pretty impressive.

use some gas tank repair epoxy to seal up the leaks. That way you don't have to weld.