HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz125ohioracer44

Differences in heads on 450's from 06-09?

5 posts in this topic

So I opened my motor up last night and found out why my bike locked up. I had a valve break and fell on top of the piston and smashed the valves and head. I wanted to ask if anyone here knows if it's possible to use an 06-07 head and valves on a 2008 YZ450F? I did some homework and found that the part numbers were the same except 2 numbers from each other. Has anyone used an 06-07 head on an 08-09 or vise versa? I'm trying to keep things cheap since I'm already broke from books in college this semester so if I could use a head from an 06-07 it's going to be a lot cheaper. Thanks in advance for any tips, help or advice.

Mike

Yes it will work. The cam grinds are slightly different, but that doesn't matter as far as fitment.

1 person likes this

@finchfan394 Thank you a lot. I was scared I would have to spend $1000 to fix my bike. I tried to ask around but it's not the most common question. I really appretiate the help.

Hope it all works out for ya bud, I had a scare with my head and thought it would need a valve grind, but I lucked out.

i wonder does anyone no if you can use the complete trans from 08-09 on a 06 yz450f? im thinking yes but someone that knows could call that a true fact i think it would be useful no for us who have 06 or 07's that we could full are head and cylinders and go right on a 08 or 09?

i wonder does anyone no if you can use the complete trans from 08-09 on a 06 yz450f? im thinking yes but someone that knows could call that a true fact i think it would be useful no for us who have 06 or 07's that we could full are head and cylinders and go right on a 08 or 09?