Differences in heads on 450's from 06-09?

So I opened my motor up last night and found out why my bike locked up. I had a valve break and fell on top of the piston and smashed the valves and head. I wanted to ask if anyone here knows if it's possible to use an 06-07 head and valves on a 2008 YZ450F? I did some homework and found that the part numbers were the same except 2 numbers from each other. Has anyone used an 06-07 head on an 08-09 or vise versa? I'm trying to keep things cheap since I'm already broke from books in college this semester so if I could use a head from an 06-07 it's going to be a lot cheaper. Thanks in advance for any tips, help or advice.

Mike

Yes it will work. The cam grinds are slightly different, but that doesn't matter as far as fitment.

@finchfan394 Thank you a lot. I was scared I would have to spend $1000 to fix my bike. I tried to ask around but it's not the most common question. I really appretiate the help.

Hope it all works out for ya bud, I had a scare with my head and thought it would need a valve grind, but I lucked out.

i wonder does anyone no if you can use the complete trans from 08-09 on a 06 yz450f? im thinking yes but someone that knows could call that a true fact i think it would be useful no for us who have 06 or 07's that we could full are head and cylinders and go right on a 08 or 09?

i wonder does anyone no if you can use the complete trans from 08-09 on a 06 yz450f? im thinking yes but someone that knows could call that a true fact i think it would be useful no for us who have 06 or 07's that we could full are head and cylinders and go right on a 08 or 09?