HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slygary

Engine/Fuel tank cover

6 posts in this topic

I went to change the spark plug in my 2012 YZ450 and a 2 minute job turned into 15 minute job because of this cover, i strugled to flip it back. Is it really needed to protect the fuel tank from engine heat ? Is there a easy way to flip it back ? or after market product to replace this one ?

E8F7623C-DD21-4DFA-865F-71944349EE2B-11791-0000102D83F312B3.jpg

RTFM ;)

Page 1-11 of your manual shows how the fasteners operate:

Push down/in on the center pin of the plastic fasteners. This unlocks them and you can pull them up and out to get the cover off. To reinstall them, push the center pin up until it stands above the head of the fastener, push them into place, and push the center pin back down flush to lock them in.

I went to change the spark plug in my 2012 YZ450 and a 2 minute job turned into 15 minute job because of this cover, i strugled to flip it back. Is it really needed to protect the fuel tank from engine heat ? Is there a easy way to flip it back ? or after market product to replace this one ?

E8F7623C-DD21-4DFA-865F-71944349EE2B-11791-0000102D83F312B3.jpg

Hey, is that a lid on your airbox to seal it up so you can wash out that area? If so, where do i get one? thanks

Rotax800, it is a twin air cover for the air box so you can wash your bike. Any good bike shop should have one or get one for you.

thankyou, I'm on it

RTFM ;)

Page 1-11 of your manual shows how the fasteners operate:

Push down/in on the center pin of the plastic fasteners. This unlocks them and you can pull them up and out to get the cover off. To reinstall them, push the center pin up until it stands above the head of the fastener, push them into place, and push the center pin back down flush to lock them in.

Thanks greyracer i will give it a go next time i have the tank up.